• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Westboro Baptist Church, masters of public idiocy, to protest in Corpus

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
We live in base housing, and today all residents received a notice that there would be a protest this Saturday at the main gate, and as traffic might be affected, to use the other gate. No further information on the protest was given, so I checked it out on Google: Fred Phelps is at it again.

This nutjob's group protested at my college a few years ago when the theatre department put on the show The Laramie Project. Back then they were cheering for the destruction of the space shuttle; this time, they plan to "Thank God for navy copter crash in Texas, killing three."

I hope no one is inconvenienced by this display of drooling degeneracy. We'll be sticking to the north gate on Saturday, that's for sure.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Nah...better to let him convince the world that he's worthless than waste your time. That said...if one jumped in front of my car on the way into base...;)

They are trash.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
GODDAMNIT! Why can't I be in Corpus to see this!? The one time I actually WANT to be in Corpus, I'm not.....:icon_rage

Annalisa

GODDAMNIT! Why can't I be in Corpus to see this!? The one time I actually WANT to be in Corpus, I'm not.....:icon_rage

You're not missing much, unless a bunch of ugly people waving around uglier slogans is thrilling to you. They ain't quite bright, either: when they protested the play at my school, they parked their sorry behinds across from a building that, while it did happen to have an auditorium inside, was not the building in which the play was performed. It's not like my college was huge, either, nor was the performance's actual location poorly publicized.

schwarti

Contributor
Was that a legal thing? Sometimes protests are only permitted in certain areas for a variety of reasons. Not saying they're too bright anyway, but still. :D

UMichfly

pilot
None
Someone page the Gay Devil Worshipping Abortion Doctors of America (GDWADA) and get them to plan a counter protest stat!...Either that or everyone just ignore Mr. Phelps and let him realize what an insignificant bucket of dogshit he really is.

Annalisa

That could have been it, but as far as I can remember, there wasn't much difference between the two patches of public sidewalk just a short walk apart from each other on the same avenue. It's certainly possible that it was a permission issue, of course, but we still laughed.

UMichfly, you make a good point. A counter-protest would be playing into their attention-mongering hands. I just hope that anyone who has to be on base on Saturday gets the heads-up that the main gate might be even slower than usual.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
You're not missing much, unless a bunch of ugly people waving around uglier slogans is thrilling to you. They ain't quite bright, either: when they protested the play at my school, they parked their sorry behinds across from a building that, while it did happen to have an auditorium inside, was not the building in which the play was performed. It's not like my college was huge, either, nor was the performance's actual location poorly publicized.

He brought his clan to a little town called Port Orchard (not too far from Seattle) to celebrate a soldier's death a few months back. He brought about 30 people from his "church" to march. Port Orchard residents protested across the street (about 400 of them) and ran them right out of town.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
No it was more of a chuckle at their stupidity as I drive into base sort of thing. Perhaps watch them get harassed by random citizens. They just need to be killed.....

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
I think the T-45's down in kingsville should get the green light for a little weapons training this weekend... Anyone else agree? Come on, a couple of blue bombs to a stupid angry crowd... Be good training.

Either that or lets use em for pistol quals.

Seriously these people are annoying. Haven't they learned that already?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One word (actually an Acro), FAE

fae.gif