• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Waterfront property in the Spratlys? Good investment or not?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Similarly to how much average folks underestimate an invasion of North Korea, an invasion of Taiwan would be monumentally difficult.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Similarly to how much average folks underestimate an invasion of North Korea, an invasion of Taiwan would be monumentally difficult.
Everything comes at a price. Sometimes conquests tend to go over budget.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Everything comes at a price. Sometimes conquests tend to go over budget.

Moreso the world has gotten accustomed to $100m jets flown from $10bn aircraft carriers dropping $10k smart bombs on mud huts and white Hilux trucks with impunity for damn near 30 years.

I noticed this specifically with my family/friends when the NK stuff heated up and they weren’t worried, like it would be another replay of initial Iraq invasion in 2003.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Moreso the world has gotten accustomed to $100m jets flown from $10bn aircraft carriers dropping $10k smart bombs on mud huts and white Hilux trucks with impunity for damn near 30 years.

I noticed this specifically with my family/friends when the NK stuff heated up and they weren’t worried, like it would be another replay of initial Iraq invasion in 2003.
The American public thinks all wars will be video games ever since Desert Storm. Until we get kicked in the balls a la WWII/Korea/Vietnam . . . which will eventually happen again.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Getting the Korea O Plan brief as a harrier squadron was eye opening and no one left that room feeling good about it. I doubt it’s much different almost ten years later

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The world has also become accustomed to the other guys only being able to usually hit back via small arms, IED's and some short-range rockets. North Korea along has thousands of pieces of artillery, tube and rocket-launched, along with hundreds of missiles and other fun stuff to ruin your day. China, well....good luck when it comes to missiles. Even Iran has hundreds of missiles that would make life difficult for many of our bases in the Middle East. So yeah, not fun knowing what is out there sometimes.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Getting the Korea O Plan brief as a harrier squadron was eye opening and no one left that room feeling good about it. I doubt it’s much different almost ten years later
I am familiar with that one. Unfortunately, an old version is Google-able now. But... don’t Google it.

Hair Warrior

Contributor

Fuck China. We need to boycott them, and take them down a notch through nonmilitary means. This regime is a world power today, but it doesn’t need to be a world power in the 22nd century. The world can live without an aggressive Communist China.

BigRed389

None

Fuck China. We need to boycott them, and take them down a notch through nonmilitary means. This regime is a world power today, but it doesn’t need to be a world power in the 22nd century. The world can live without an aggressive Communist China.

I don't disagree, but China is large and influential enough that we can't really hurt them unilaterally, and convincing our allies (especially given our recent tone to long standing alliances) to get onboard will not be easy.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Allies? Maybe aim lower. We should try to get the NBA on board with speaking out about China.

Hahahahaha just kidding those money grubbing whores don't have any principles...at least not about any other countries.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
NBA players sure stood by their principles during their recent 3 day no-play protest, until the owners told them if they continued the would lose 25-40% of their pay next season...