• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't recall a Class A ever happening in the CH-53E community, but unsure of the other aerial-refulable platforms.
There were swashplate bearing issues in the mid-90’s. That said, it’s a good machine. (Edit: just reread and in regards to aerial refueling, I don’t recall any Class A accidents either)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That = rotary + AR + fatal?

Because there's video from a long time ago of an H-53 chopping the AR fuel line
Right, but it wasn't fatal. Sounds like it was the 160th, so who know what kind of weird shit they were doing.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Ak
We will never know, but nothing about this strikes me as weird. They have currency and training requirements, too. Not an easy environment either - night, low, overwater.
LCRA Akrotiri has long hosted SOCOM - even before SOCOM was a thing. I spent 92 consecutive days at sea during the Spring of 1989 during the Beirut crises (our South-Of-France port visit where wivs and girlfriends were flyin in to meet us was canceled) - even then the ramp there at Akrotiri hosted Army and AF helos and for a time, HC-4 Det from Sigonella - providing "Air Bridge" service to Beirut. ~110 NM to coast.

1699917449489.png

Status
Not open for further replies.