• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Murphy's 20th Law of Combat, "if the enemy is in range, so are you". Thanks to our technology that's not always the case, but if we're close enough for the people of Gaza to stare in wonder at a ship that costs more than three times their annual GDP, we are in range.

Editing because I was a bit of a douche and I realize I don't need to be that way.

Yeah, rockets and IDF are definitely a thing. But they're not going to do that to the Ford. That would be very dumb, even for Hamas.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Editing because I was a bit of a douche and I realize I don't need to be that way.

Yeah, rockets and IDF are definitely a thing. But they're not going to do that to the Ford. That would be very dumb, even for Hamas.
I've yet to work Hamas but worked a lot of Islamic State and Taliban, I'm rarely surprised by great acts of stupidity ?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I've yet to work Hamas but worked a lot of Islamic State and Taliban, I'm rarely surprised by great acts of stupidity ?

Reference my post earlier about their showing their faces in full HD on social media while capturing Jews in Israel. They're going to die.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Things that aren't a photo op in a highly publicized warzone.

"Don't fuck with us" is already taken care of (and my community is only a small part in that). If they're going to fuck with us the CVN at anchor isn't going to do anything about it.

The Ford does look cool on the horizon though. Way sexier than anyone doing the real mission. But maybe the real mission is just to look sexy and flex like a Tik Tok chick doing squats at Planet Fitness. We know she's not going to fuck Hamas, she's way too hot for that. If that's the case, I give her an A+.
The CSG provides defense-in-depth in this scenario. An emboldened Hamas / Hezbollah might attempt to attack fixed military targets on the ground, but a CSG is much more survivable. It basically provides guaranteed DCA to the Israelis while we all eat popcorn and watch the curb stomping (metaphorically speaking). Along the lines of "hey, if you think you can knock out US bases in the region, think again..." And on the off-hand chance Israel starts to lose, it has strike capability.

Whether this capability is required or 'overkill' compared to what Islamic nations in the region can bring to the table might be debatable, but the fact of the matter is that this is what the CSG does.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Things that aren't a photo op in a highly publicized warzone.

"Don't fuck with us" is already taken care of (and my community is only a small part in that). If they're going to fuck with us the CVN at anchor isn't going to do anything about it.

The Ford does look cool on the horizon though. Way sexier than anyone doing the real mission. But maybe the real mission is just to look sexy and flex like a Tik Tok chick doing squats at Planet Fitness. We know she's not going to fuck Hamas, she's way too hot for that. If that's the case, I give her an A+.
TBH, I think you're downplaying all the other capes that the CSG brings that are short of slinging JDAMs.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The CSG provides defense-in-depth in this scenario. An emboldened Hamas / Hezbollah might attempt to attack fixed military targets on the ground, but a CSG is much more survivable. It basically provides guaranteed DCA to the Israelis while we all eat popcorn and watch the curb stomping (metaphorically speaking). Along the lines of "hey, if you think you can knock out US bases in the region, think again..." And on the off-hand chance Israel starts to lose, it has strike capability.

Whether this capability is required or 'overkill' compared to what Islamic nations in the region can bring to the table might be debatable, but the fact of the matter is that this is what the CSG does.

A CVN at anchor doesn't do that.

TBH, I think you're downplaying all the other capes that the CSG brings that are short of slinging JDAMs.

I'm not. Those assets are already there. They just don't show up on Google News.

Guys, you act like the middle east isn't a regular shit storm and that we haven't had people and stuff all over the AOR since the early 90s.

The Clinton era "where are the carriers" trope is old. I'd be even willing to bet that in this case the real strength of the CSG is not in the CVN, but what the other boats were delivering to the Israelis to keep stuff like Iron Dome rolling.

I could be wrong though.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is the CSG prepared for a swarm of marinized paragliders from the Gaza strip? Not AI controlled, but just dumb fucks shouting 'God is.Great'.. ?
I'm reminded of one of my squadron O-4s who had an alternate doctrinal definition for the FAC/FIAC threat: "assholes on Jetskis."

Random8145

Reference my post earlier about their showing their faces in full HD on social media while capturing Jews in Israel. They're going to die.
I think they know what they're doing, but they want to prove their "bad-assery" and "dare" the Israelis. Obviously just my opinion though.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
SOCOM assets have long trained and deployed with IDF forces. If we're talking about a hostage rescue scenario for U.S. citizens, I doubt we would get any specifics wrt unit composition and operation execution.
Certainly not. Any how, I have a hard time believing that hostage rescue is likely given the numbers and complexities of such an operation in an urban environment. Hamas has shown their complete disregard for human life by decapitating babies and is already executed prisoners in response the IAF bombings. I can’t even begin to imagine how they are being treated, especially the women. I would also not be surprised if some are inadvertently killed in the bombings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.