• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

hscs

pilot
The speech and statement by POTUS this afternoon was compelling. I just got off the phone with the office of Sen McConnell and Rep Thomas Massie (they both have offices local here) - and voiced my support for *direct* combat involvement of US forces against those who were responsible for the carnage - that it would be a worthy and virtuous use of our treasure and those in service.

I hope there are Star of David patches in ready rooms available for our crews crews to wear beneath their US Flags.
While I am usually all for open season on the Quds and IRGC, maybe smarter to drink beer and eat popcorn. Didn’t work out so well when we did what you suggested.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
While I am usually all for open season on the Quds and IRGC, maybe smarter to drink beer and eat popcorn. Didn’t work out so well when we did what you suggested.

To be fair, that was kind of a “Hey, let’s put on a show!” kind of airstrike that was foisted on the Navy.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I don't have ANY privileged insight into the subject, but I have to wonder if sending the whole CSG was done, at least in part, to protect any US assets in the region. You know, to help prevent "accidents"

The USS Liberty was out there by her lonesome once upon a time...

There are more capable assets that are already established in the AOR than what a CVN at anchor brings to the table. Except that the CVN looks better on camera.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are more capable assets that are already established in the AOR than what a CVN at anchor brings to the table. Except that the CVN looks better on camera.
The job of a CVN at anchor is simple. Maintain a minimal duty section for in-port mandatory bullshit. Make sure the reactors don't melt down. And make sure Shore Patrol (fuck "Ship's Liaison Group"), leadership, and liberty buddies collectively keep the rest of the crew from getting so fucking hammered in the local bars that they cause an international incident. After that, be sure they get safely back to Mom.

What this has to do with warfighting or other COCOM-level decisions I have no idea . . . unless things go really sideways and commanding officers start getting fired.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The speech and statement by POTUS this afternoon was compelling. I just got off the phone with the office of Sen McConnell and Rep Thomas Massie (they both have offices local here) - and voiced my support for *direct* combat involvement of US forces against those who were responsible for the carnage - that it would be a worthy and virtuous use of our treasure and those in service.

I hope there are Star of David patches in ready rooms available for our crews crews to wear beneath their US Flags.
I asked Chat GPT to write a rebuke of this post in the voice of President Obama. Not too shabby... :D

"Well, let me be clear. I always appreciate passionate engagement in our nation's foreign policy discussions, and I respect the desire to protect and seek justice for those who suffer from violence and conflict. However, I must caution against a rush to direct combat involvement without a thorough consideration of the potential consequences and a clear strategy in place.

It is crucial that we approach matters of national security with the utmost caution and wisdom. The decision to deploy our military forces into harm's way should never be taken lightly. It requires a careful assessment of the situation, an understanding of the complexities at play, and a well-defined objective that aligns with our values and interests.

Furthermore, I firmly believe in diplomacy as a means to resolve international conflicts whenever possible. The United States has a long history of being a force for good in the world, and we must continue to uphold our commitment to peaceful resolution and cooperation with our international partners.

In times of conflict, it's also vital to remember the human cost involved. Our brave servicemen and women put their lives on the line, and we should always consider the well-being and safety of those who serve in our armed forces.

Finally, let me remind us all that our strength as a nation lies in our diversity and our commitment to upholding the principles of justice and equality. The suggestion of wearing specific religious symbols in a military context goes against the ideals of religious freedom and the separation of church and state that are at the heart of our nation.

So, let's engage in thoughtful, deliberate discussions about our foreign policy and national security decisions, always keeping in mind the weight of the responsibility we bear as leaders and citizens of the United States."

ObamaGrimace.jpg

Last edited:

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Capable at what?

Things that aren't a photo op in a highly publicized warzone.

"Don't fuck with us" is already taken care of (and my community is only a small part in that). If they're going to fuck with us the CVN at anchor isn't going to do anything about it.

The Ford does look cool on the horizon though. Way sexier than anyone doing the real mission. But maybe the real mission is just to look sexy and flex like a Tik Tok chick doing squats at Planet Fitness. We know she's not going to fuck Hamas, she's way too hot for that. If that's the case, I give her an A+.

BattlingTrain

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Things that aren't a photo op in a highly publicized warzone.

"Don't fuck with us" is already taken care of (and my community is only a small part in that). If they're going to fuck with us the CVN at anchor isn't going to do anything about it.

The Ford does look cool on the horizon though. Way sexier than anyone doing the real mission. But maybe the real mission is just to look sexy and flex like a Tik Tok chick doing squats at Planet Fitness. We know she's not going to fuck Hamas, she's way too hot for that. If that's the case, I give her an A+.
Murphy's 20th Law of Combat, "if the enemy is in range, so are you". Thanks to our technology that's not always the case, but if we're close enough for the people of Gaza to stare in wonder at a ship that costs more than three times their annual GDP, we are in range.

Status
Not open for further replies.