• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The way Hamas is playing this is they seem to think they can "win". What their demands are, and what a strategic win looks like for them remains unclear, at least from what I'm able to glean from open-source information.

Terrorist organizations are also often populated with people who have a.) very little to lose, and 2.) enjoy the thought of fighting, or "revenge", or whatever- similar to some "doomsday preppers" who appear to relish the idea of shooting their neighbors without consequences.

So there's likely a strong emotional component that might minimize how much they thought this through. Someone (Iran) hands you the resources for a surprise attack against your most hated enemy, you might do it without considering all the implications.

I hope Israel wipes the floor with them.
This cycle seems to repeat itself every 10 years or so going back to the 1970s.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
“The Times of Israel reported [Israeli Defense Minister] Gallant as saying: ‘I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed.

‘We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly.’

Go get some.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll be very surprised if the US participates directly in any kinetic way in Israel. That would be unprecedented. If Hamas is stupid enough to take a pot shot at the CSG, that may be another matter, but I suspect the CSG will operate well outside of any of Hamas' offensive capabilities.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I'll be very surprised if the US participates directly in any kinetic way in Israel. That would be unprecedented. If Hamas is stupid enough to take a pot shot at the CSG, that may be another matter, but I suspect the CSG will operate well outside of any of Hamas' offensive capabilities.

Fact. However, indirect or non-kinetic or not in Israel... My community is frothing at the mouth right now; as are a few others. We'll see what they let us do in the coming days/weeks/months.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fact. However, indirect or non-kinetic or not in Israel... My community is frothing at the mouth right now; as are a few others. We'll see what they let us do in the coming days/weeks/months.
It's not like we don't have at least a dozen examples during the last 40 or so years of Arab/Israeli conflict to draw upon. Did we provide ISR to them in 2014?

taxi1

pilot
I don't think this is separate from Ukraine. Iran has been sending weapons and drones to Russia. What's the quid pro quo?

Russia has not condemned Hamas for what they did. Hamas used drone tactics very similar to what Russia has been using in Ukraine.

I'll be very surprised if the US participates directly in any kinetic way in Israel
There are likely US hostages in Gaza right now. I wonder how that confounds things.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It's not like we don't have at least a dozen examples during the last 40 or so years of Arab/Israeli conflict to draw upon. Did we provide ISR to them in 2014?

We provide ISR and kinetic strike options to a lot of folks for a lot of different reasons. Many of those reasons are more convoluted than what is happening right now.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We provide ISR and kinetic strike options to a lot of folks for a lot of different reasons. Many of those reasons are more convoluted than what is happening right now.
Right, but I'm asking about Israel specifically. They're unique in a lot of ways.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Right, but I'm asking about Israel specifically. They're unique in a lot of ways.

My guess is the CSG will be used to help guard the doors against attacks from other vectors (e.g. Lebanon, Syria). while the Israelis take care of the more kinetic aspects of the fight they’ve found themselves in.

A lot depends on tanker support in AO. At a guess, I’d say the CSG might do coastal patrols, possibly some overland stuff, and non-kinetic support (e.g. C2, intel gathering, maybe jamming if they’re allowed to get close enough to the fight) but I would bet not much in the way of direct strikes for the airwing. Maybe some logistics support for the rear echelon from the rotary guys.

We’ll see though- I could be way off base.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
My opinion....WW1 was a Chemist War, WW2 was a Physicists war, and today's battle front is a Social one. Direct kinetic warfare isn't strategic anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.