• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Want to fly USMC, but need waiver (loonnnggg story with OSO and MEPS)

torpedo0126

NO WHERE did I say lie...

you told him it was stupid to fess up to something in his medical history...omission is lying. your willingly withholding information.

while I am not positive, I'm pretty sure lying on a federal medical history form can carry consequences.

Better yet, if it REALLY isn't a problem, why mention it at all?

so if I had fracture in my skull, a pacemaker, and an addiction to crystal meth, but feel fine, its okay?

I am actually quite scared now of what YOU lied about on your medical history form, not to mention security clearance.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You are being completely ridiculous...none of those medical problems would ever go unnoticed on any exam and would constitute a serious medical condition.

You guys can harp on me for integrity all you want, you don't really know me so I don't care. The fact is if you want to get in the military for a competitive job, you don't want to kick yourself in the balls for something that you claim isn't really a problem.

If BINGO's past medical history REALLY IS that big of a deal, then why apply?

Glad that the morally sound are patrolling the halls of AW and keeping us "ass wipes" in check.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
You are being completely ridiculous...none of those medical problems would ever go unnoticed on any exam and would constitute a serious medical condition.

You guys can harp on me for integrity all you want, you don't really know me so I don't care. The fact is if you want to get in the military for a competitive job, you don't want to kick yourself in the balls for something that you claim isn't really a problem.

Glad that the morally sound are patrolling the halls of AW and keeping us "ass wipes" in check.
Neg rep #5.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

If we get to decide what we NEED to tell the docs and what we don't, then why have docs?

I know that when I went to medical school, I became quite adept at diagnosis and determining what medical problems would prohibit me from being an effective aircrew member.

Oh, wait...

If you hide stuff from docs, what else are you hiding and who else are you hiding it from? Lying to your CoC?

Personally, I agree with the OP: if lying is an acceptable part of your morals/personality, I don't want to fly with you either.

phrogpilot73

The fact is if you want to get in the military for a competitive job, you don't want to kick yourself in the balls for something that you claim isn't really a problem.
If doctors say it's not a problem, then it's not much of a problem. BUMED will decide if they think it is. I could say I'm the greatest jet pilot in the world, but that doesn't mean it's true. Should I tell people I'm a great jet pilot because I think it's so? What if people assume I'm a great jet pilot? Shouldn't I tell them that I'm just rotor-trash (and damn proud of it)? He wanted to ensure that the full truth was known... Sounds like a stand-up guy to me, and even if BUMED doesn't say he's worthy of a commission, I think he'd be a guy that I'd want to throw a beer back with.

For the same reasons you did.

You said it, we didn't.

Neg rep #5.
Need a reload? I'm established in the HA, waiting for the LZ Winters call...

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
By the same logic presented here every war hero's bio that reads "enlisted at 15 after claiming that he was 18" should have their credentials stripped for violating "integrity".

Shovel down...

phrogpilot73

By the same logic presented here every war hero's bio that reads "enlisted at 15 after claiming that he was 18" should have their credentials stripped for violating "integrity".

Shovel down...
RING, RING - that's the clue phone, you should answer it.

ENLISTED at 15. Enough said. Did my recruiter tell me to lie when I enlisted? Yup. Should an officer recruiter? Nope. Why? Because of the requirement for a security clearance.

You posted this while I was issuing the warning, keep digging and it will get worse.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Bingo I will attempt to help you out in a short and sweet fashion. First and foremost there is no need to reply to every single post. Just read them and understand them. Like every Marine officer you spoke with, keep proving to everyone you want this. In the mean time, hunt down your doctors and get paper work. I had to track down paper work from 15 years ago. I now have three waivers because of that (Eye related). Get letters stating you were never diagnosed with any disorder. Persistence pays off.

torpedo0126

Bingo I will attempt to help you out in a short and sweet fashion. First and foremost there is no need to reply to every single post. Just read them and understand them. Like every Marine officer you spoke with, keep proving to everyone you want this. In the mean time, hunt down your doctors and get paper work. I had to track down paper work from 15 years ago. I now have three waivers because of that (Eye related). Get letters stating you were never diagnosed with any disorder. Persistence pays off.

Agreed. If you have the patience and do what the Docs say (it may take awhile) you should be able to get your waiver.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

Shovel down...

Private Dan Bullock....enlisted at the age of 14, died at 15 in Vietnam.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BINGO said:
1) Don't think that you were helping to meet recruiting needs...your OSO has no trouble filling the ranks with studs who wanna fly...HE was trying to help YOU...

Telling me to lie was against the core values of the Corps and against mine. Lying is lying. That simple.

2) If you medical history isn't a big deal, why make it a big deal? I'm sure your OSO asked you this...and I'm sure your reply went something like "Sir, my medical history, although tainted, will not affect my performance if selected for the military."

Interesting enough, that's what I did tell him...

3) There are a significant number of pilots who do enjoy flying with me because a) I know when to speak up in the back and b) I know when to keep my mouth shut...

When then your just better than me. Now that that's out of the way, you gotta solution yet? Or are you just here to tell me again I'm some dude you don't want to fly with? Because, thanks for your responses, but I disagree with you and don't really see any constructive routes to a solution.

In case you are wondering, the latter applies to you my friend. The key to the process is not making waves my friend, you created a tsunami.

If telling the truth means creating a tsunami. So be it.

Regardless of the Integrity argument that you have thread-jacked yourself with, you have local OSO unwilling to work with you so debating finer points of Integrity isn't going to get you anywhere with USMC and that OSO.

Unless you can get another OSO in another location to work with you, you're chances of getting a USMC OSC slot and Flight Contract don't seem to be the deck of cards. And that possibility is fraught with yet more Integrity issues so you really need to look at other options.

Others already recommended that you seek a Navy solution (as you say you have) or another service. Army will likely take you immediately. At your age and estimated completion of school, every day counts and you've been wasting them debating and venting over your Integrity bout with the OSO office. That's a dead end, move on, Bingo.