• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting List

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
Hahaha ... love how A4s defines one extreme end of the spectrum ... (sorry A4s :) ;) :D)

You know .... one of these days some of you are going to come within range of my "walking stick" .... then you'll squeal like little girls ....

Old%20man.jpg

(maximum smiles and drools to hold back the humor-challenged hate-filled amongst us ... :) :D :) )

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Okay, first you CAN apply to both USNA and NROTC at the same time...

Integer1 said:
Unless I missed the information somewhere, before I can worry about that, I have to get a degree. (Correct me if I am wrong?) Even at the USNA, one of the places to get a degree, you really don't make the choice for the specific career you take in the Navy or Marines until near the end (Correct me if I am wrong?) Therefore, getting a bachelor's is the first thing to worry about (Correct me if I am wrong?) whether it is at the USNA or elsewhere.

Now, if I remember an earlier thread correctly, you said you intentionally failed a couple classes because you were disgusted with the academic standards/system. So, if your end game is to get your bachelors, how does this advance you? This shows an extreme lack of maturity. The Navy does not want officers, nor enlisted for that matter, who will go out of their way (by intentionally failing something) to prove someone else wrong. USNA is not just a place to get a degree, you should only be considering it because of a strong desire to serve your country as a Naval Officer.

I am a USNA grad, and usually strongly encourage others to go for it, but your motives and maturity don't add up to much of a candidate.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
If you turn 23 before july 1 for the class of 2010, then you cannot apply to the academy. If you turn 23 after july 1, then you can apply again.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
smiles, smiles, :) max smiles so no one gets offended, and the world smiles with you ....:) )
Reminds me of Mr Roarke on Fantasy Island. "Smiles everyone, smiles!" :) :) :)

Brett

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Dude, you will never prove a point to someone else by screwing yourself.

The military is definately not for you.

NAPSmom05

Integer:
I remember your posts from last year as well. It appears that, age wise, you have 1 more shot at the academy. So, if this is what you truly want, then you have to do everything in your power to be a competitive candidate. Get your grades up and keep going to school. There are a bazillion student loans, grants, work-study etc. that can get you in a school and give you the time to study. In the meantime, I would get on with your life; while making yourself competitive. Put the past history behind you and move forward. Another option might be to enlist and try the OCS route, or BOOST or Seamen-Admiral 21 program. GOod luck.
NAPS05mom

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Integer1 said:
Poor logic here, sir. You are acting like there is something wrong here. In fact, 1) you loved your stay at the USNA and 2) you couldn't wait to mention that to us and 3) you know that there is nothing wrong with confidence brewing at the USNA and 4) you know that it is part of the deal and 5) that it doesn't necessarily applies to me. You would think that a leader would be able to respect people of all ages.

Sucess leads to Confidence leads to "I can do it at the USNA!" leads to applying to the USNA leads to being a bit arrogant after graduation. THIS IS THE NORMAL LIFE CYCLE. A friend who went to Harvard also might seem a bit arrogant and confident. Of course, I never attacked him for it. Why? What's the wrong with me or him having confidence?

There is nothing wrong with people having confidence to apply, etc. And, also, why WOULDN'T I be a perfect fit with the Navy and maybe its greatest leader ever? Why do people have a problem with that? I am not dissing any of you when I say it, I am just trying to set a high standard.

You guys don't realize how immature you sound pulling stuff out of your butt that is basically grouping everybody my age into one, and pasting that label on me. I've been through a lot more than most of you have been through. Why shouldn't I be mature? In fact, I feel like I am 60 years old a lot of the time in maturity, that is how mature I am.

Bashing young people seems to be a favorite past-time on Air Warriors, and people figure that any applicant must be under 23, so why not bash people in the Academy forums to take their stress out, right? ...

I would like to apologize if I sounded 'cocky' and it offended you.

Okay, I may have missed quite a bit in my post-duty recovery today, and I appologize for covering anything that someone else has already.

Now, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with being cocky. Hell, I LIKE people who've got fire in them. I mean, I'm dating a Puerto Rican woman, that's how much I like feisty people. If you can back it up, hell, I don't care if you're the most arrogant, cock-sure SOB out there. I may not want to hang out with you that much, but I'd definitely want you watching my back in a scrape.

To assume that I "loved my time at USNA" is just about one of the most idiotic things that I've heard. Do you know me? I seriously doubt it. True, I was pretty out of it last night, and didn't really do a good job of justifying myself or even putting down much of a coherent thought process. But hey, that's what dealing with a busy duty day can do to you.

To be perfectly honest, I did NOT enjoy my time at the academy, but I am proud of the fact that I survived. After all the political, reactionary descisions; the inflexible, often witch-hunt-esque climate; the DAMN GOOD people I saw forced out--I made it. To be more truthful, the very, very small group of like-minded people I found there and I survived together. Am I thankful for the opportunity to make those friends? You bet your ass I am. Am I grateful for some of the opportunities granted me while a student there? Absolutely. Do I think the place accomplishes it's mission in the best way possible? Nope, but that's not up to me to change right now, as it's above my paygrade.

Am I a cynical bastard? Yep. But you should see some of the emails I get from people I went to school there with, talking about how their Chief/Gunny did exactly what I wrote last night.

I've had enough. I may or may not have made much sense here, but screw it, I'm going to the gym.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
One of Integer1's other screen names said:
If you remove the cheaters so that they don't impact the bell curve, I would have a 3.8 GPA. I ended up having a 3.1 because I took 8 classes (2 B's and 6 A's) in 4 months to show the USNA that I was motivated and could handle the pressure. I told them that I would do it, and I did it. Yet, I was not accepted for the Class of 2008. But then, as a leader and Student Body President, I failed every class to make a point. I got sick of working, while idiots who think velocity is a measure of distance received B's after B's after copying the homework that doesn't change year to year, after copying the labs that don't change year to year. The tests were also the same year to year, and yet these dumbasses not only had access to the tests, but some people literally passed the tests around in the middle of the class during the actual test, as well, and the professor in question didn't care.

I of course, did my own homework, quizzes, and tests, because my role model is Jesus.

Integer1 said:
The reason I failed every class in the fall of 2004 was because I had to get some money quickly for a reason, and I had to stop going to classes.

Ummm, make a point, or stop going to classes? I heard that the Academy is big on telling the truth ... I'm just not sure what that is ...

Dude, this is getting worse and worse ... death spiral to the ground.

KBayDog

Since I am about to enter the magical world of Primary, would you salty dogs tell me this:

If I suddenly need money, can I just stop going to classes and start a business? Do you think the Wing would mind?

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
KBayDog said:
Since I am about to enter the magical world of Primary, would you salty dogs tell me this:

If I suddenly need money, can I just stop going to classes and start a business? Do you think the Wing would mind?

Only to make a point that you are tired of tests that don't change from year to year and gouge that basically is the test ... oh wait ... that's the truth ...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
only if you are "making a point" by doing it

whatever THAT means

Status
Not open for further replies.