• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Hawk

So my BGO emailed me today and told me I have been placed on the waiting list. Does anyone know anything about this and would like to enlighten me? What are my chances and what has to happen in order to get accepted? Right now I have to plan on going to ODU on a ROTC scholarship but USNA is still my number one choice. Thanks for any help.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
My brother just found out also that he was put on both the USNA and West Point waiting list. They pretty much told him to standby because theyre waiting for the appointments to be accepted. They said that after the appointments which were sent have been accepted, the remaining spots will be extended to those on the wait list. But hey, ROTC aint too shabby either. I graduate Aug '05 and had a blast doing the typical college thing. But then again, it depends on your cup of tea:)

keithga1983

Im a plebe this year (well for a few more weeks - thank God), and during last summer they aded like 50 or so people about two weeks into plebe summer.. I guess they draw on the waiting list for those people that dont get picked up. I think they had to meet a quota to get a certain governmental funding.. could be wrong.

Thats another thing too.. people who dont accept.. I dont see why you wouldnt want to come to this fine institution though.....

:icon_lol:

I guess I can think of a few.. well.. more than a few.

Its all good, I still love good ol' Mother B.

Phantom Hawk

Thats reassuring, Im still hopeful about the naval academy but I'm making plans to attend ODU on my ROTC scholarship so either way I'll be in the fleet soon which is what I really care about. Has anyone on here gone through ODU's ROTC program?

Integer1

Banned
Hey bship,

Thanks for asking.

(Integer1),
You were not scholastically qualified by the Admissions Board. Thus,
you were not triple q'd as you asked in your email.
Regards,

LT (removed)
USNA Admissions Officer
(removed)@usna.edu

I noticed you post on college confidential, too? How much longer until you are in the Class of 2009? Are you excited? Hang in there!

usunkmybship

Sorry to hear that. I actually almost didn't get an application last year because they said I wasn't "scholastically qualified" even though I had almost a 4.0. As for now things aren't looking good. My gpa is very low so I might not graduate from NAPS. Now I know high school academics are very different than at the academy, so those APs and honor classes really prepare you for college (I was only in AP English, government and history, blah) I'm working extremely hard this last marking period so hopefully I'll pass. Only a few more weeks to go.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sounds to me like USNA admissions system is working 4.0

Integer1 said:
Thanks! Yeah, I think NAPS is designed to be challenging and rewarding, so technically, it's going right.
Another indication of you on the outside looking in.

Integer1 said:
"There are two awesome positions in the navy (or maybe it was the world) -- being an Admiral in the Navy, and being a senior at the USNA." .
Sounds like you aren't gonna make either.

Integer1 said:
My college bored the crap out of me. .
Could this be why you had such poor grades that you refernced in another thread? Let's stop filling in the "excuse matrix" as someone more eloquent than I put it.

Integer1 said:
It's very important to me to go to a school that I won't fall asleep in, having experienced a community college and a state school. .
It's becoming more and more important to me to be cheerful that at your present maturity level, and lack of goal oriented priorities that you have not EARNED a spot at the USNA.

Ok, before you come back with a "whoas me" post (edit: as corrected by a Marine, how am I going to LIVE that one down, this should be "woe's me", but I like the Hi ho Silver imagery it gives me when I say it my way, and for no apparent reason am I adding this)...

I applied to the USNA, I got turned down, big fvcking deal.... not EVERYONE gets in, you take your lumps and go on with them. As others have mentioned, there are other routes to a commission and a future of service in the military. It seems as if you are fixated on the Academy itself, and not the goal of becoming an Officer and/or serving in the Marines or Navy. Pick yourself up, stop looking for an easy "in" from someone in the "know", and assess your priorities in life and where you can go from HERE.

Future leaders, NUBS/FNGs et al... listen up... Your reputation, integrity and how you hold yourself in the military is something that will follow you throughout your career, and in many ways affects you in your personal life. Set your goals, take your failures and learn from them, seek advice from your subordinates, peers and superiors, and go from there to make the best of ANY situation. You will be charged for duties as an Officer and leader of sailors/marines, it is important to ensure that you act in such a manner to deserve their respect.

Integer1 said:
The USNA is about as good as it gets!
And you're basing this off of what, pray tell?

Integer, Integer1, USNAwhateveryourotherscreennameis, in all honesty, if you manifested any of this type of attitude/comments on an Officer Screening board that I happened to be on, you would get low marks across the board from me. Grow up and reassess. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I think webmaster just became one of my personal heroes... Now, if only we could get the actual students at the usna to understand the above as well. But, alas, it usually takes a motivated Chief or Gunny to beat all that crap out of us boat school alumni, and by that time, the Navy/Marine Corps Team has already been grinding its teeth watching us screw up. Damn I'm tired. Stupid PM duty...

Status
Not open for further replies.