• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VT-3 Track Selects

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
I agree about the commute. Navarre to Pensacola isn't bad, but Navarre to Milton sucks. I got a house in Milton since I knew I was going to Whiting. Long drive for the 6 weeks of API, but great for the 15 months working at Whiting.

Lots of people live in Northeast Pensacola, which is a pretty reasonable compromise.

130Gunner

Rev - I was over in the 4th since '98, (yes, that makes me a rather old 2d LT) flying the U models. That's cool you're getting to work with those guys, the gunship community is pretty hard to beat overall.

Thanks for the advice, and I'll just roll the dice and see what happens. Considering everything I went through to get to this point, you won't hear much complaining out of me, wherever I end up. I ran into a Marine pilot candidate that is flying up at NASWF right now and he said the same thing about the short wait for API for the AF types. Hopefully that will hold true. I got lucky a million times over, not only getting selected for OTS and a pilot slot to boot, but there's a LtCol over at the 19th SOS that just came back to Hurlburt from his second stint as an IP up at Whiting and is as excited as I am about getting me squared away and ready for UPT with the Navy.

Allright, I'm rambling. :D I'm in San Antonio now, I have my flight screening in the morning so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get the blessing to continue on with flight training, medically speaking. Went by Wings today before I flew out here and picked up the EP flash cards and course rules.

I'll keep everyone posted on the AF experience with A-pool, API, and then on up to Whiting.

Thanks again Rev and Penguin for the advice. It's just spomething I'll have to figure out since I bought a house a couple of months ago down by Navarre and would really like to hang on to it for a while longer before I sell. Maybe someone at Whiting needs a part-time roomie to help out with rent for 6 months...

THRILLER

I'm in San Antonio now, I have my flight screening in the morning so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get the blessing to continue on with flight training, medically speaking.

Hey 130Gunner,

How did San Antonio fair out? They sent you to Brooks City-Base right? What a dump that place is. I was down there this past September for the FC1 and MFS.

Hope you were able to catch the River Walk while you were down there!

Best of luck...and keep us on the AF side updated

Peace,

THRILLER

130Gunner

Good for me, not good for all. Yeah, Brooks is a dump, and we did make the riverwalk. It sucked though. Really good dude got DQ'd. He's 10 years prior enlisted, KC-10 boom. And of course he "failed" the same color vision test he seemed to have passed every year at his annual flight physical, as well as his IFC-1. Sucks. Especially when you commission with a handful of turds that have no business breathing on their own much less flying aircraft, but will make it through MFS fine.:icon_rage

crateofthunder

Good for me, not good for all. Yeah, Brooks is a dump, and we did make the riverwalk. It sucked though. Really good dude got DQ'd. He's 10 years prior enlisted, KC-10 boom. And of course he "failed" the same color vision test he seemed to have passed every year at his annual flight physical, as well as his IFC-1. Sucks. Especially when you commission with a handful of turds that have no business breathing on their own much less flying aircraft, but will make it through MFS fine.:icon_rage

Easy Gunner!! I feel your pain about the stupid tests and the fact that they eliminate a lot of good guys but it is not the "handful of turds" who are dq-ing them nor are they taking their spots! The turds are going to UPT regardless of whether the good guys pass the MFS or not. The problem lies in the commisioning sources, not the MFS. Anyways, PM me when you get down here and start API and I will get you all the gouge you will need!!

Crate

130Gunner

Yeah, I know they aren't taking their slots or causing them to get DQ'd, just the frustration of watching a solid dude that's in it for the right reasons get axed while some guy that would get outwitted by a bag of hammers makes it through. We had a drink for him, and I'm sure he'll do fine. I guess it's just kinda scary that it could have been any one of us.

I'll be well over it by Monday. Going to the show tomorrow at P'cola, then back Monday morning to sign in and see when I start API. Not sure if they're starting a class before all the holidays start up, I'll be happy to start whenever it is. (Haven't been home for Christmas much since 9/11 anyway, why start now!?:D )

THRILLER

Hey Gunner,

It's good to hear that you made it out of there! One thing that really chapped my ass while I was down there is the attitude of some of these Civ and AD med personnel. I completely understand why they can't tell you if you've "passed", however they could treat you a little better. Ya know?

With the exception of one Civ nurse, the eye doc, and the flight surgeon...they were all jerks. Totally unsocial and never spoke a word to you.

Maybe their panties were in a wad due to the fact that Brooks is closing down and the Civ's now have to find employment in the near future.

All in all, I'm just glad to have made it out of there alive! Of the 16 AFROTC that were in my group...5 had to stay for the dreaded "remedials" and stay the extra day. I only hope that those guys faired out ok. Looking back on it…I wish I had gotten their email or phone numbers.

Peace,

THRILLER