• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VT-3 Track Selects

THRILLER

Dude, go back to baseops. This guy is 6 MONTHS FROM COMMISSIONING!! I mean my god, he could get stashed for a year, then start primary/upt. And he's worrying about what's going to happen like this time next YEAR!! You make me laugh, so do your blue leisure suits.

FLY_USMC,

Thanks for the advice on my posted topic. Your input on the matter was well appreciated. With me soon to be commissioned into the Air Force, I'm once again reminded of the top-notch quality of other branches of service.

Thanks again for your help,

THRILLER

FLY_USMC

pilot
THRILLER,

Once again, I'm sorry that post poured salt in your wound of reality, but are you serious? I'll accept I helped your first post absolutely none, and I'm truly sorry for that. THEN, comes your second post? WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE TURBO!! You commission in 6 FRIGAIN MONTHS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!! Uh, last I checked, UPT was like 6 months or more, so what your asking is, "Hey, can anyone on here dust off their crystal ball and predict the future?"

As for the top notch quality of other services, have no fear, I too am reminded of the Air Farce's top notch quality officers everytime I wake up and see my fat A$$ next door neighbor squeeze into his truck. Lucky for you, I'm not immature enough to group the members of one service into a quote "stereotype" just because one look like an overgrown avocado everytime he puts on his pj's.

Again, sorry I couldn't be of some assistance,

Genie of the Lamp

FLY_USMC

pilot
As for the mask, I don't know, yeah, you kind of look like Darth Vader, but the dual in-flow, out-flow makes breathing so dang easy it's sick!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I'm sure he'd be happy to entertain your questions, though maybe not so much the attitude. What do the rest of you guys who are in primary, advanced, or further think?

Yeah I'd agree. Not saying I would do it, but....

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Can't we talk about more important stuff, like the fact I got fitted for a Combat Edge mask today, and man is it comfortable.<------tooting my own horn.

one thing you'll notice is how much harder it is to speak clearly in the combat edge mask

always could tell who was wearing one of those compared to the old masks on the radio

DaRevrend

USAF T-34 Stud
Thriller,

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but there is no need to go service bashing just because these guys were giving a cadet a hard time (even I laugh at our "blue leisure suits" from time to time, though that was a cheap shot at baseops). Hell, you don't even have orders to a UPT base yet, so why are you worried about what is going on at Whiting.

To give you some perspective on how far out you actually are on the AF side of the house, I am an LT now that is IFT complete just bumming around enjoying life at Hurlburt waiting to head to NAS Pensacola to start API....IN JUNE!!!! (and there are other LTs starting as late as September of next year doing the same thing). Granted I could get moved up at anytime, but right now the orders say I'm casual/stashed until June, and trust me you will have far better things on your mind (or should at least) when you're getting paid to do very little and live on the Gulf Coast of FL...spring break can't come soon enough.

For you, once you commission in Dec, you will most likely wait 30 days for your EAD (end Jan), then head of to ASBC for 6+ rediculous weeks (Mid March earliest finish) and then (if you get ordered to Whiting) best case scenario go right to NAS Pcola to wait in A-pool to class up (ready to class up by start of April earliest). With a year before your earliest possibility to track just let AETC figure out what's going on at IFF or the FTUs or wherever the temporary reduction in the 38 pipeline is and once you get to UPT just leave it all out on the field and know you did everything you could to earn your wings.

Just enjoy the hell out of your last semester in college, and quit worrying about the talon drop at a UPT base that you aren't even on orders to attend right now. Gotta throw in the age old "worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere". And about the service bashing, coming from an all navy family I was told AF was the way to go....only after I picked UPT did he tell me the dream about Navy pilots still being better aviators...something about landing on a small ass moving runway I guess (just playin fellas).

Crate- Wish you the best of luck in this upcoming drop man.

Rev

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
emot-words.gif

While you make somewhat of a valid point, there are two ways to present that point: the douchebag method and the non-douchebag method. You chose the former.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Yeah, I agree, now that I'm half enebriated, I realize what I said was wrong. Baseops is actually a cool website, and I understand that your just worrying about what everyone has worried about at one time or another, it's all good. I apologize for being a prick, and actually was going to write this before squeeze said anything. BTW, squeeze, isn't this pot calling the kettle black, meaning you have some fairly vivid posts???

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BTW, squeeze, isn't this pot calling the kettle black, meaning you have some fairly vivid posts???

Oh I certainly admit to being an @ss in some posts. But it's typically on a user with a falling rep or on a thread that's been building up to it. I try to avoid being the new guy and slamming someone else out of the blue within the same month that I joined the site.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Mefesto said:
Wow... with a thin skin like that... it's a good thing your joined the Air Force. Enjoy your starbucks, and keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edit: My crystal ball has UAV's in your future!

I'll bet he doesn't even understand that reference.

THRILLER

Mefesto said:
Wow... with a thin skin like that... it's a good thing your joined the Air Force. Enjoy your starbucks, and keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edit: My crystal ball has UAV's in your future!

LOL!

You know...I really get a kick out of how some people can "dish it out"...but when it comes to the other the guy doing the "dishing", they just can't handle it.

Take a look again at the two posts...

This one from FLY_USMC...

Dude, go back to baseops. This guy is 6 MONTHS FROM COMMISSIONING!! I mean my god, he could get stashed for a year, then start primary/upt. And he's worrying about what's going to happen like this time next YEAR!! You make me laugh, so do your blue leisure suits.!

And my response...

Thanks for the advice on my posted topic. Your input on the matter was well appreciated. With me soon to be commissioned into the Air Force, I'm once again reminded of the top-notch quality of other branches of service.

Thanks again for your help,

THRILLER

I'm a pretty competitive guy just like the rest of you. My response was in no way due to a "thin skinned"- "ouch...you hurt my feelings". It's all fun and games. You better believe that I have respect for my fellow brothers in other branches of service. I've had the pleasure of serving with them in my prior service. However, when someone attacks my "blue leisure suit", I'm going straight for the throat. :D

Chill out guys. I recommend that if you are going to "dish it", then you should also be prepared to "take it".

BTW...Mefesto...I just got back from Starbucks and ordered me a Kool-Aid :)

Nothing but love here...

Peace,

THRILLER

ellsworb

easy

Dude,

I'll make it easy for ya. you won't get -38's. The kids that think about it like you right now, they never do. Wanna know a good way to get them though. Dude, just finish with an 80 NSS. That'll make it happen. . Garaunteed.

THRILLER

Dude,

I'll make it easy for ya. you won't get -38's. The kids that think about it like you right now, they never do. Wanna know a good way to get them though. Dude, just finish with an 80 NSS. That'll make it happen. . Garaunteed.

Ellsworb...that is good information. 80 NSS...LOL. How about a 100 NSS. Should that do the trick?

Anyway, I see that this is your 5th post on this board and you joined in June of 04. What's up with that "Dude" :icon_tong

Peace,

THRILLER

Anyway,

To try to get back on track...

DaRevrend, is the word that an IFF bottleneck is the cause for the cut in 38 drops to the AF studs? Do you know of anyone at IFF right now who can attest to that?

Ya, I know I've got some time before I start...but small talk is always good. Ya know?

Peace,

THRILLER