• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vt-2

Rg9

pilot
Well, I guess that was just from talking to studs, so sorry if my perception is wrong. Due to the lack of flying at Corpus (mostly due to weather) compared to Whiting, it seemed as though the IP's had more flights there, in addition to now going on dets (which I know Corpus does often)... Anyway, if the perception is wrong, please correct me.

flyerstud4

[

Help should be on the way for you guys "soon." If nothing else, at least you'll have some new bodies to fill in for the MRB folks who aren't flying (or weren't when I left), if not their quals. The FITU board is about a 1/3 full w/ Doerbirds and many of them are finishing up.[/quote]

What is the FITU board?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
What is the FITU board?

There is a board at the instructor training unit with all of the instructors under training that are slated to go to each squadron. VT-2 has quite a few in the pipe, which is nice, because those guys will be thrown in the trenches flying contacts.

flyerstud4

There is a board at the instructor training unit with all of the instructors under training that are slated to go to each squadron. VT-2 has quite a few in the pipe, which is nice, because those guys will be thrown in the trenches flying contacts.

Good to go, thanks sir

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, I guess that was just from talking to studs, so sorry if my perception is wrong. Due to the lack of flying at Corpus (mostly due to weather) compared to Whiting, it seemed as though the IP's had more flights there, in addition to now going on dets (which I know Corpus does often)... Anyway, if the perception is wrong, please correct me.

I gotcha. My point was that some (but certainly not all) of the "info" that was getting back to TW-5 about TW-4 wasn't entirely accurate. I have no idea if, squadron for squadron, Whiting flies more than Corpus, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Each squadron as their IPP (studs needed to be through in a FY) and as long as they meet it, that's all that matters (in addition to good training, of course).

Regardless, Whiting is getting its own job done, in addition to helping out Corpus w/ both studs and IPs, and that's pretty impressive.

ripperman94

pilot
I'm currently a Doerbird and it's a great squadron. Haven't flown with a bad/unfair instructor and I don't expect to while I'm here.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Bump...........I'm classing up with the Birds in two weeks. I have yet to hear any BS about the squadron, but I thought I'd ask. What's the gouge on VT-2 recently?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just found out that i class up with VT-2 in a couple of weeks. I was hoping some good gouge could be thrown my way about the squadron ..... Thanks
Yeah ... VT-2 .... just remember to get that rudder pedal ALL THE WAY IN on takeoff roll ... otherwise, you're screwed.

Thanks??? You're welcome ... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Which carrier is that?

USS TARAWA ... former CV, later CVA, then CVS-40 when the deck-run pix (above) was taken (after conversion) .... straight deck, hard core ... :) .... after her conversion, she spent some time in the Caribbean, where she caught some T-28's on occasion ....

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I classed up in 2 last week, so I obviously don't know much more than you, but I have heard some really good things about the XO from people further down the pipeline. And he definitely made a good impression in his welcome brief to our class. FC2SpyGuy is another VT-2 stud who I want to say is around PAs in the syllabus now (?), he'll probably chime in if and when he sobers up in Colorado.

And taking T-28s to the Boat in primary? That is awesome.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And taking T-28s to the Boat in primary? That is awesome.
You know ... I'm not sure what it was back-in-the-day .... as "primary" WAS VT-1 @ Saufley ... and "advanced prop" WAS VT-whatever in Corpus flyin' STOOFS ... so what WAS VT-2/3 @ Whiting ...

Middle School, perhaps ... ???

In any case ... VT-5 was Studly ... we in VT-1 thought they were "gods" , and we all "looked up" to the guys in VT-5 back when EVERY Naval Aviator went to the BOAT ... and then went their various and sundry ways to Jets, Props, or HELOS ....

*edit*edit*check, check* ... just had a brain fart: Whiting WAS "basic props" .... and Meridian WAS "basic jets" .... there you go. :)