• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vt-2

flyerstud4

Just found out that i class up with VT-2 in a couple of weeks. I was hoping some good gouge could be thrown my way about the squadron from anyone who is in or was in the squadron. Thanks

Rg9

pilot
I liked it, especially after hearing things from other guys in other squadrons. It's the best one at Whiting. The IP's seemed good, with only a few bad ones here and there, but that's probably true of all the squadrons. The CO's good to fly with (unless it's cause you screwed up... then that's just not a "good" situation - still seems like a good instructor regardless).

I can't think of anything specific to it that you need to know... Scheds seemed to keep screwing up a lot of things my last couple months there, but I had the impression it was getting better after I left. Any specific questions?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Or suck less......VT-2 is a great squadron with great instructors....count your lucky stars you are not going to VT-3.

Thats what paddles used to say when our passes just needed work......620, you need to suck less next pass. The front office at VT-2 seems solid, I've had some experience with them and a particular troublesome Saudi student. Then again, I don't work for them and that often changes ones perspective.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I left Vt-2 back in March and at the time, it was a great squadron. The squadron had great instructors and the civilians with -2 seemed to enjoy their jobs (which made it easier for both sides...).

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
they don't call them the screwer birds for nothing. Actually I think the story about the patch was it used to be both Heckle and Jeckle....but Jeckle got attrited.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
The Air Force presence.

...is not a big deal.

I loved being in VT-3, got to fly with instructors from a ton of different backgrounds. I don't think I ever had a "bad" instructor, and the CO is awesome.

Seriously, all the VT-3 hate comes from people who were never in the squadron. I think theyre jealous of the flatscreens.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I'm in -3 now... there's no AF toolishness happening. The instructors are very laid back and the students haven't been "blued" yet. The only thing I can't stand about them is the love of Coors light. Seriously? Its a terrible beer.

I've talked to some of my AF classmates about it, one even admitted that he hates all that bullshit they do as a service... I don't know at what point they all get brainwashed but it isn't happening here at Whiting.

Btw... rejected class patch... "Get higher in the joint squadron".

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
There is no bad primary training squadron in Whiting, but IMO, the Doers have got it figured out pretty well right now. They seem to have a really good mix of motivated instructors and a good attitude. It is tough to tell what makes a squadron a good one, but VT-2 has had it going on for about the last 2-3 years. Student loads are increasing right now (classes are in the high teens instead of 15-16) and instructors are disappearing to things like IAs and Las Cruces, so expect some delays at Whiting while "team primary" helps Corpus get better, other than that, welcome to Whiting.

Rg9

pilot
...and instructors are disappearing to things like IAs and Las Cruces, so expect some delays at Whiting while "team primary" helps Corpus get better, other than that, welcome to Whiting.
Whiting IPs are going on the good ol' Corpus dets? Poor IPs. They seem to be worked much harder up at NSE after seeing what goes on here in Corpus.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Whiting IPs are going on the good ol' Corpus dets? Poor IPs. They seem to be worked much harder up at NSE after seeing what goes on here in Corpus.

I'm finding there's a lot of misconceptions and oddities about what went down at Corpus this last FY. But I'm not really sure what your comment means.

@E6B:

Help should be on the way for you guys "soon." If nothing else, at least you'll have some new bodies to fill in for the MRB folks who aren't flying (or weren't when I left), if not their quals. The FITU board is about a 1/3 full w/ Doerbirds and many of them are finishing up.