• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-103 bones

The Crab

Bring that shit to me.

Btw, wmf-taff says "yo".

My crew acquired a giant model Nimrod from Kinloss in '01 after Burns Supper. The limeys were not pleased.
COMFAIRKEF was dialed vfr-direct. I last recall the model doing shots in the Brass Nut. Good times.
Mascot shenanigans rock.

I was based at Kinloss at the time and remember the searching that went on for that !!, much finger pointing was going on if I recall correctly. Did you ever frequent the Hunters Haven ??, I remember a solid night of bar games invoving some Keflavik P3 guys around that time. I always felt sorry for the extremely drunk guy who managed to pull the female we referred to as "Hippocrocadillopig", her face looked like someone had set it on fire and then extinguished it with an ice pick, she was so big it was rumoured that she put her belt on with a boomerang and here was this lad happily sucking face with her. He loved a challenge, I'll give him that.

As for Kinloss incidents I do remember being told by one of our Ops Officers that many moons ago a 120 squadron crew reported some "vandalism" to their roof shortly after getting airborne. In the old building they occupied at the time they had CXX painted on the roof in the squadron colours of green and gold. Apparently someone had crept up there and added TS at the end, it was only spotted when the port beam looked out on climbout and saw .. CXXTS .. staring back at him.

There was also the incident involving a 43 Sqn jet which had its emblem of a cockrel painted out in a 74 "Tiger" Squadron raid. The 43 crew turned up next morning to find the cockrel painted out and a pile of chicken bones painted in .. tiger footprints were leading away from them, down the tail, along the fuselage and off the port wing. My cousin was on 43 much later and it was still being talked about then.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I was based at Kinloss at the time and remember the searching that went on for that !!, much finger pointing was going on if I recall correctly. Did you ever frequent the Hunters Haven ??, I remember a solid night of bar games invoving some Keflavik P3 guys around that time. I always felt sorry for the extremely drunk guy who managed to pull the female we referred to as "Hippocrocadillopig", her face looked like someone had set it on fire and then extinguished it with an ice pick, she was so big it was rumoured that she put her belt on with a boomerang and here was this lad happily sucking face with her. He loved a challenge, I'll give him that.

My radar operator...he gets shit to this day.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"One of Those Nights" at CVW Fallon, some fighter guys who shall remain nameless decided to liberate the giant model Top Gun Viper that hung in the O-Club. How the hell they managed to get it out the door without the connivance of the Club staff, I don't know. The SOB's about ten feet long. Threats of floggings and keelhauling followed, and eventually the big blue lawn dart reappeared in the Club pool. So technically, it was returned.

But then, what happens in Fallon, stays in Fallon. I'm pretty sure that's in UCMJ somewhere.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
But then, what happens in Fallon, stays in Fallon. I'm pretty sure that's in UCMJ somewhere.
I hope:D.....for all my buddies of course...(I actually just looked it up and since it is located in Nevada, it stays in Nevada....sort of like Vegas...true story)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How the hell they managed to get it out the door without the connivance of the Club staff, I don't know.

From spending a bit of time there twice already this year (and many, many times over last 30 years), I doubt club staff would even raise an eyebrow. Typically there is only one bartender on duty and maybe two at Air Wing peak hours in club with one or two ladies taking and delivering food orders. They've seen so much that I doubt they would interfere unless they were somehow involved. Besides, they likely figure it would be good for business when inevitable ransom is paid.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I doubt club staff would even raise an eyebrow. Typically there is only one bartender on duty and maybe two at Air Wing peak hours in club with one or two ladies taking an delivering food orders. They've seen so much that I doubt they would interfere unless they were somehow involved. Besides, they likely figure it would be good for business when inevitable ransom is paid.
+1 for wisdom that will cause bedlam next time I am in Fallon!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, last I was there, there were two lady bartenders (including hot-in-a-creepy-way tattooed Suicide Girl), one dude bartender (what the hell?), and the nice Filipina lady who made the food runs back to the kitchen.

Not that I was really expecting them to say, "Hey, you! In the flight suit! Halt!" But it was pretty cool that they played dumb when the Inquisitors came calling...though I'm sure they've had lots of experience.

I mean, they're really not getting paid enough to put up with our shit.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
My guess it's another two seat squadron.

<--- not informed, just an educated guess.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Jack Ernie.....not real??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VF-84

The bones are supposedly the remains of Ensign Jack Ernie of VF-17. Ernie was allegedly killed during the Okinawa invasion in World War II, earning a posthumous Navy Cross. As his flaming aircraft spiraled towards earth, he made one last radio transmission in which he asked "to be remembered with the skull-and-crossbones." According to the story, Ernie's family later presented the squadron with the set of skull and crossbones and asked the squadron to fulfill Ernie's last wish. However no Jack Ernie appears on 1945 squadron rosters for either VF-17, VF-61, or VF-84. VF-17 did not serve in the Okinawa campaign. No one named Ernie is on the Navy's list of Navy Cross recipients, for example. None of this has stopped the "Jolly Rogers", regardless of year or squadron number, from embracing the story.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
1987 or 88 when I was in VP-46 at Moffett, we were hosting a Canadian det from Comox of 3 CP-140s and a C-130. They left en mass late night and the next day when we came to work the Skipper's office was gone - stripped to the walls. When we went to Comox a few days latter (scheduled exercise), they had it all set up for him. Correct paint on the walls, picture placement and all. Even the desk top and papers were arranged exactly as he had it at Moffett.

vinny

have you seen the site lately? looks like 143 did it or maybe somebody is trying to frame them. is 143 a two seat squadron anyone know?

skillz

have you seen the site lately? looks like 143 did it or maybe somebody is trying to frame them. is 143 a two seat squadron anyone know?

Those are some pretty funny pics....I'm pretty sure 143 is flying the F/A-18E which are single seaters. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.