• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-103 bones

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Looks like I called that one right. Surprised it's not 105, though. They've made a name for themselves as "Echo Driver". Like plunking 213's Bus in the Marsh and becoming the first non original Tomcat squadron to win the MUTHA.

Ya, that was hilarious. Seeing as how they had to get it running first, something 213 couldn't even do.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The site says that 143 has mutha now....whats that mean?

Not true. I saw Mutha a few hours ago in firm possession by VFA-103 (on display at their Hail and Farewell). No doubt the Dogs would exchange the Bones for Mutha in a heartbeat and are trying to build their case to win it by snatching the Bones.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Not true. I saw Mutha a few hours ago in firm possession by VFA-103 (on display at their Hail and Farewell). No doubt the Dogs would exchange the Bones for Mutha in a heartbeat and are trying to build their case to win it by snatching the Bones.

Pretty sure the trade has been made.

vinny

so does that mean 143 is the new Mutha squadron? why would they trade for Mutha cause that seems more valuable...

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
so does that mean 143 is the new Mutha squadron? why would they trade for Mutha cause that seems more valuable...

Apparently. I thought it really only counted if you "won" MUTHA (I was under the impression they decide who deserves it at the Fighter Fling (Strike Fighter Ball now)).

And are you saying you think the Bones are more valuable? MUTHA is pretty much top of the line to the VF(A) guys at NTU (Don't think NLC Squadrons are in the running).

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently. I thought it really only counted if you "won" MUTHA (I was under the impression they decide who deserves it at the Fighter Fling (Strike Fighter Ball now)).

And are you saying you think the Bones are more valuable? MUTHA is pretty much top of the line to the VF(A) guys at NTU (Don't think NLC Squadrons are in the running).

See rule K. VFA-143 is setting themselves up nicely for the Mutha and Strike-Fighter Ball isn't that far away.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
See rule K. VFA-143 is setting themselves up nicely for the Mutha and Strike-Fighter Ball isn't that far away.

HJ; I was gonna give the Romans a holler and see if the 2008 vid was complete. Do you know off hand when they typically release the videos prior or after the Ball/Fling?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HJ; I was gonna give the Romans a holler and see if the 2008 vid was complete. Do you know off hand when they typically release the videos prior or after the Ball/Fling?

In the past, the Ball/Fling was first public debut (sorta like Super Bowl commercials) so that would be my educated guess.