• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VAQ RAG CO relieved of duty...

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Sucks to hear. I guess Big Navy has made it abundantly clear it's not messing around with this type of thing.

KBayDog

^Understatement of the year.

Big Navy/Big Corps is "Rightsizing." DUI is a very, VERY easy way to trim the fat. Doesn't matter if you're an E-1 or an O-10: There is pretty much a zero-tolerance of DUIs these days.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Cab, "Arrive Alive," call the duty, hell, call your CO...just do NOT put yourself in a position to drive while impaired.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... hell, call your CO......
Mebbe he called himself and nobody answered ...

And ANOTHER good man goes down for one fucking mistake that any of us could be (and probably ARE) guilty of ... personally, I'm so glad I'm o-u-t.

Jamin'G

pilot
Really Navy Times...really? E/A-6G Growler. If they can't get that right, there goes the credibility for the rest of the article.

MasterBates

Yeah. And what if he beats the rap at both civil court, and Admirals Mast. He's still fucked.

I personally am sick of the USN treating an arrest/accusation as a conviction. As someone who has had their FITREP and career affected by this personally, it hits close to home and pisses me off. While there is technically a mechanism to fix an adverse FITREP after the fact... Not so much with getting porked for pending charges awaiting trial when cyclic FITREPs come around.

And this zero-defect mentality.. Is just going to get a bunch of pussys in charge who have never been anything than choir boys. Who you want to fly in combat with? The guy who has always made the "Sure to please the boss" decision, or the guy who was dancing on the bar in Krock as an ENS.

I'll take the bar dancing guy.

Bevo16

pilot
I got written counseling about a month ago for pointing out that a civilian was incompetent. She made 300,000 worth of errors in 2 months, caused 2 congressionals, and basically fucked up everything she got near for the past 3 years...all while everyone KNOWS she is incompetent. I made the mistake of putting it in an e-mail.

I wonder if the IDF needs helo pilots.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Like it or not, fair or unfair.......

The reality of the situation is this: take even one sip of an alcoholic beverage and get behind the wheel of any motorized transportation and you are risking your career.

Why people risk it all routinely when other options are available is beyond me.

Just don't do it. If you DO do it, don't bitch about the consequences when you eventually get caught. It's not like this guy was unaware of the policy/consequences.

How many sailors has he busted for this? Just curious.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I got written counseling about a month ago for pointing out that a civilian was incompetent. She made 300,000 worth of errors in 2 months, caused 2 congressionals, and basically fucked up everything she got near for the past 3 years...all while everyone KNOWS she is incompetent....
No shit; and just try to FIRE HER BUREAUCRAT ASS !!!

And then standby for the heat ...

It's not about "fair" or "unfair" (and NOTHING is this life is "fair") ... it's about right or wrong.