• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vacation and API

onedge

pilot
Ok here's one. My stash job is offering the chance to go to sea soon for 2-3 weeks. That would put me getting back 2-9 days after my report date in pensacola. What, if anything, can I do to work it so that I can go to sea and satisfy the gods at NAS P-cola?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok here's one. My stash job is offering the chance to go to sea soon for 2-3 weeks. That would put me getting back 2-9 days after my report date in pensacola. What, if anything, can I do to work it so that I can go to sea and satisfy the gods at NAS P-cola?

Get your recruiter OIC/ROTC Unit XO/fill in the blank to work the ordmod with your detailer for you. Most certainly don't call your detailer w/out the okay from someone higher, though.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
To the original post in this thread, you can ask when you get there, but be ready for them to say no. You are a nov report, with an API date to follow once you get checked in. You are an SNA, so you are not going to be waiting as long to start as the NFO students. The new fiscal year will have started, and your timing makes you a summer production bubba, which is the ramp up time. The numbers will be hard to mess with as they will be trying to use the summer to make money on their production. The Navy may not want to pay you to sit around extra weeks when they could have you started and in the pipeline right away. Having been the Stucon officer for quite a while, I can tell you that one of the most frustrating things to have to deal with is working the training schedule around someone that had their orders first and then tried to work their training around a trip that was planned after the fact. If you do decide to try and request a delay in your training start, the penguin has it right. If it works out for you, great, and be prepared to deal with the fact that you have used your one silver bullet. From the time that you start class, the production gods have your winging date projected and slated, and it is not as easy as it sounds to shift those production markers around. Good luck.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get your recruiter OIC/ROTC Unit XO/fill in the blank to work the ordmod with your detailer for you. Most certainly don't call your detailer w/out the okay from someone higher, though.
That's some crazy ass bullsh!t if I ever heard any. Not saying it's not good gouge for the aviation community.....just that it's bullsh!t.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the time that you start class, the production gods have your winging date projected and slated, and it is not as easy as it sounds to shift those production markers around.
I'd love to know how they pull that one off considering there are no preset start and graduation points in the pipeline.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's some crazy ass bullsh!t if I ever heard any. Not saying it's not good gouge for the aviation community.....just that it's bullsh!t.

I'm talking about accessions, not normal fleet ops. Generally it's not "appreciated" if an new 1390 gives the accessions detailer a call out of the blue.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'd love to know how they pull that one off considering there are no preset start and graduation points in the pipeline.

Actually there are, it's just that everyone knows you have to remain flexible w/ the weather.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm talking about accessions, not normal fleet ops. Generally it's not "appreciated" if an new 1390 gives the accessions detailer a call out of the blue.
Sometimes, you just have to man up to get things done.

ambition.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm talking about Start API on ??.....Winging on ???

I'm not sure what that means. Have you been drinking again?

As for manning up...yeah, sometimes, but first things first is to run it through your chain of command...again, as an asseccion.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No. Stop making this difficult.

...nevermind

I really wasn't trying to be difficult, I just didn't understand the grammar. All I'm saying is that when they check into the Primary squadrons, they do actually have a timeline. It's not a public one, but there's definitely a goal.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Perhaps, but that really doesn't apply here, now does it?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Perhaps, but that really doesn't apply here, now does it?

Huh? Do you really think there's just some guy who goes, "Uh, let's start these 30 guys...um....this week?" There really is a plan. It's all affected by what happens down the line, but what happens in Primary definitely affects the timelines in API.