• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS George H.W. Bush Commissioned

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Sir, fantastic pictures. My roomate got to sing at the event; what a great event. I like how the ship's logo has an F-35 with a F/A-18 in it, with the Avenger inside that. Pretty cool logo with a nod to the past, present and future of Naval Aviation.

I was at my DDG's commissioning in Boston NOV08. Our ceremony wasn't nearly as nice! haha, I think we had a random deputy something or other from the pentagon as a speaker, and maybe a VADM. Also it rained cold, cold New England rain on us

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sir, fantastic pictures. My roomate got to sing at the event; what a great event. I like how the ship's logo has an F-35 with a F/A-18 in it, with the Avenger inside that. Pretty cool logo with a nod to the past, present and future of Naval Aviation.

My pleasure to share them. Taking a camera to places I go keeps me from getting impatient or bored. I like to capture candid things like emotions and such.

I'm not sure where they got their chorus from, but they were awesome.

A few more

Lou Lalli, "Mr Boeing" for the Hampton Roads area is also president of the Navy League Chapter that raised funding and organized everything the ship didn't put into play. He deservedly got a prime seat near the president. He's a former CO of the Blues.

LouLalli.jpg

Camera/lens envy...if I had something like that, I'd really be somebody!

Papparazzi.jpg

Even American Legion folks turned out

AmericanLegion.jpg

Once Flight Quarters were secured after the helos left, the Crash & Salvage folks got to relax and see what the fuss was all about

CrashSalvage.jpg
[/IMG]

Photos by HJ