• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA "The Waiting Game"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integer

Banned
Real question is if I don't get in this year will I bother applying a third time

You have to ask? Of course you should

not. Definitely don't.

Sincerely,

a fellow applicant.

:icon_mi_1

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
I dunno what you heard about our Nuclear Engineering program but it consists of like 2 or 3 classes. The rest are normal mech-e courses. I was a prior enlisted nuke, and the program here for nuke engineering is nothing special.

big

USNA Class of 2008
Ahh I'm just saying that it'd be a plus to go there because its an institution that offers nuclear engineering, which WOULD be my major choice if it was offered here. Unfortunately its not so I'm stuck with mechanical which interests me less, although I'm still interested enough to choose it over anything else like EE or ECG, etc.

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
Ok I need to make myself more clear. Its Mechanical Engineering with a nuclear tract. Your degree is in Mechanical Engineering. Most nuke selectees have to take them regardless of major. I am an Ocean Engineer, now thats some fun stuff.

big

USNA Class of 2008
Actually I'd be interested in ocean engineering as well if I got into the academy...I was thinking about applying to King's Point for that specific major plus the opportunity to go into the Navy later, but I don't feel like spending five years in the merchant marine.

big

USNA Class of 2008
And yea, my bad on that rj*.

What I meant is we aren't even offered a focus in nuke here; the only things you can focus in w/ MEG major is automobile, aerospace, thermo etc. So those 2-3 nuke classes beat my university out a ton.

(We have something similar which they call nuclear, but it has nothing to do with nuke engineering, just hazardous waste. I've been advised against taking that if I plan going nuke in the Navy by professors in fact)

Status
Not open for further replies.