• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA Mid caught bringing drugs into US...unintended consequence of gender/race bias?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, maybe this belongs in the 'stupid question thread,' but how the hell does someone get into the academy w/ a home invasion deal in 2008? I understand innocent until proven guilty, but maybe a delay in entrance until everything was sorted out?

To me it is not clear from the article when they actually figured out that he may have been a part of that home invasion. Possibly the gun they mention tied him to it, or something else came to light since his arrest on the drug smuggling charges. Or maybe they figured it out and the drug bust was the plan to get him. I am not certain we will know the full story until it goes to trial.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Ok, maybe this belongs in the 'stupid question thread,' but how the hell does someone get into the academy w/ a home invasion deal in 2008? I understand innocent until proven guilty, but maybe a delay in entrance until everything was sorted out?

I don't know that the authorities/NCIS started checking up on him until after he got popped at the border.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, that makes sense, but damn, you would think something would have come out in an interview process. I suppose there are always some that will make it through the cracks, but this seems like a huge piece that made it through a small crack.

phrogpilot73

Yeah, that makes sense, but damn, you would think something would have come out in an interview process. I suppose there are always some that will make it through the cracks, but this seems like a huge piece that made it through a small crack.
Don't forget there was a chick that was never even a suspect in a murder investigation. Until she spilled her guts to her Academy roommates. Stranger things have happened.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
If he is a 2nd class MIDN right now and the home invasion occurred in 2008, then he was at the Academy when he committed the crime.

phrogpilot73

are you talking about Diane Zamora?
That's the one...

I don't understand why trash like this even gets the idea to try and go to the Academy.
Because they've had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and have gotten away with everything. Throw in a side order of never having to take responsibility for their actions, and voila!

This kind of shit especially pisses me off since I had to work my ass off to get there.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's the one...

Because they've had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and have gotten away with everything. Throw in a side order of never having to take responsibility for their actions, and voila!

This kind of shit especially pisses me off since I had to work my ass off to get there.

I vaguely remember someone on here talking about having like a -1.7 GPA and barely being able to read, but getting a chance at the USNA. Was that you?? ;)