• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA Mid caught bringing drugs into US...unintended consequence of gender/race bias?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Two Words: Dumb Ass.

Maybe he was doing his summer International Studies internship? :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

KBayDog

Boom-sha-lock-lock-boom!

house_of_pain.jpg

srqwho

pilot
Update: Turns out the weed was medical grade and the mid was just transporting it back for use as 'medical marijuana' (because it's different right?)... all charges dropped.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was at CORTRAMID some dude got arrested for stealing CDs from the NEX, but this guy definitely wins the retard award.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was on watch when this SITREP came in last week, much fun was had at the Academy's expense that evening.

While many of them are boring DUI's or other fun, there are some very high BAC's though, there are many gems like this posted on the daily SITREP summary on the Navy Operations Center website on SIPR. We call them the 'Daily Darwin Awards', look them up and you will see why.

B

bacardi00185

Although a dumb move there could be more to this situation than is being reported right now. I will preface my next statement with saying that it is purely speculative and if its out of line MODS please take it down. Before going on summer cruise to sunny San Diego we were all told specifically to not go to Mexico or Tijuana however, we all know at least one person who has made the trek. Again being purely speculative what is to say this Midshipman ventured to Tijuana and after a long night of "shows" and tequila was picked up by a local drug cartel operation. At this point it could have become a cross the border with this marijuana or we kill you now. Being born in Medellin, Colombia and visiting my grandparents during the height of the Pablo Escobar era I know this type of thing readily happens. Just an idea and possibly a discussion point.

Again to be in Mexico in the first place was DUMB however, it should be interesting to see what happens.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Although a dumb move there could be more to this situation than is being reported right now. I will preface my next statement with saying that it is purely speculative and if its out of line MODS please take it down. Before going on summer cruise to sunny San Diego we were all told specifically to not go to Mexico or Tijuana however, we all know at least one person who has made the trek. Again being purely speculative what is to say this Midshipman ventured to Tijuana and after a long night of "shows" and tequila was picked up by a local drug cartel operation. At this point it could have become a cross the border with this marijuana or we kill you now. Being born in Medellin, Colombia and visiting my grandparents during the height of the Pablo Escobar era I know this type of thing readily happens. Just an idea and possibly a discussion point.

Again to be in Mexico in the first place was DUMB however, it should be interesting to see what happens.

Well if the above is the case (certainly within the realm of possibility), it would at LEAST vindicate his being a COMPLETE moron for trying to bring 150lbs in.

Bevo16

pilot
....there are many gems like this posted on the daily SITREP summary on the Navy Operations Center website on SIPR. We call them the 'Daily Darwin Awards', look them up and you will see why.

You think that YOU see the Darwin awards. Come work my job for a month.

This week's lessons:

1. Don't take a motorcycle on the interstate if it is the first time you have ever been on it.
2. If three guys come up to you and request your wallet, with a gun, give it to them.
3. Getting multiple women pregnant and then killing yourself does not fix any problems.

If you are going to commit suicide, please do me the favor of updating your page 2 first. Thanks.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You think that YOU see the Darwin awards. Come work my job for a month.

This week's lessons:

1. Don't take a motorcycle on the interstate if it is the first time you have ever been on it.
2. If three guys come up to you and request your wallet, with a gun, give it to them.
3. Getting multiple women pregnant and then killing yourself does not fix any problems.

If you are going to commit suicide, please do me the favor of updating your page 2 first. Thanks.

I get the initial messages, you get the clean-up. I'll keep mine, thanks but no thanks.