• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Law

docholiday

I tried researching some info on going to law school in Corp. Are there some programs where you can go to law school after you fulfill your air contract? Just curious.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
1st, trading in being a pilot for being a lawyer is insane.

That said, there are law programs in the Marine Corps you can apply for after doing a tour or two. They will require you to pay them back with service as a JAG, and Harm Raab to the contrary, the job seems kind of a drag, from what I've seen.

Go to usmc.mil, go to MARADMINS, and do a search for "law." It should pop up with the messages detailing the various programs. The Manpower site within usmc.mil should also have some gouge if you surf around awhile.

Ground&Pound

I don’t see what’s wrong with serving your country as an aviator in the proudest and most feared military organization in the world and then, after your service is up, train to help your fellow marines in their time of need. With a prestigious and extremely marketable law degree backed by Marine Corps service Doc stands to make $150,000 or better....doesn’t sound so crazy to me!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don’t see what’s wrong with serving your country as an aviator in the proudest and most feared military organization in the world and then, after your service is up, train to help your fellow marines in their time of need. With a prestigious and extremely marketable law degree backed by Marine Corps service Doc stands to make $150,000 or better....doesn’t sound so crazy to me!

There is nothing 'wrong' wth it at all, it just is not the most logical path for an aviator to go.

Plus, I heard lawyers are scum.

;)

MasterBates

Lawyers are scum. I will make an exemption for Brett since he works for a strip club and keeps the bible thumpers from closing the joints.

Brett1

Banned
We marry models too........

whywomenstaysingle5ao9.jpg

Brett1

Banned
Brett, just curious - are there any accredited law schools that do distance (a.k.a. online) education that you know of? How would that be perceived? My wife and I have been kicking that idea around...

There are no accredited online law schools. You have to be careful about paying for a legal education that is non accredited because you could very well end up with a degree that wont allow you to sit for the state bar. I had some college friends that enrolled in a pending accredited university and the unviversity did not ultimately get accredited. Had to start over again at another school after 3 years.

As far as earning potential....... let me say this, if I earned $150k in a year I would jump out a window. If you hustle, bust ass and make a name the earning potential is unlimited. If you go to work for a large firm you will never make huge money, you will just make the senior partner huge money.

As the saying goes......"A students make judicial law clerks, B students make junior partners, and C students make millions". I was a solid C student.