• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Air Contracts still possible?

mcowles85

Right now I'm awaiting my ASTB results. As soon as those are back, and assuming the results don't tell me that I'm dumb as a rock, I'll go to my flight physical in Pcola. After that it's just awaiting selection for the June OCC class. Lots of time to improve the PFT! How about you?

ccxc

I have everthing finished! I just started working out again to get ready for April boards. I took about 3.5 months off because I thought I wouldn't get a chance again. So its all about waiting and maxing out on my PFT, which will not be a problem with the time that I have. Make sure that you get that flight physical soon because they seem to take forever to process. Although it will probably be faster in Pcola, I had to get my flight phyiscal in Corpus. Whats up PFT right now?

mcowles85

I don't really have any control over the flight physical, but as soon as the ASTB results are back the Capt. is gonna jump on it. You're right about Pcola being faster though, my OSA said that the last two aviation applicants that went through were processed within 2-3 weeks, so at least I have that working for me. My last official PFT was a 283: 100 crunches, 20 pulls, 20:42 run. It's competitive...at least out of the Austin office, just not sure it's competitive enough. I have plenty of time before April to improve on the run though. I can at least drop that 42 seconds and bump myself to a 288.

Assuming all goes well, do you know what you want to fly?

ccxc

Yeah I know what you mean....Well I want jets but the more I go through with this process I am starting not to be picky. I just want to be in the aircraft that I am good at flying and that is a good fit for me. As long as that happens everything will be great. What aircraft do you want to fly?

You ready for OCS? What was your major? Have you always wanted to do this?

mcowles85

ccxc, sent you a profile message.

I'm totally ready for OCS, this has been a long process for me for several reasons, and I just want to get there already! I majored in Criminal Justice because initially during college I wanted to be a cop, that changed about junior year when I decided I would pursue my childhood dream of flying. Since I'm a prior, the branch of service was a no brainer.

I'd really like to fly F-18's, but I'd go for anything fixed wing, maybe even C-130's or 22's. Not much of a chopper person.

ccxc

Yeah I am pretty much in the same boat. What branch were you in before? Also I got your PM, thanks.

djj34

pilot
Haha and like an F-18, that one flew right over his head.

By prior I pretty much think he means he is a prior enlisted Marine, making the selection between USN/USMC easy for him. Are you guys shaping up for 204?

mcowles85

No, these available air slots aren't open until June of FY2011, which is OCC-207 I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

mcowles85

That though has definitely gone through my head, and when air contracts disappeared way back when, I had sold myself on a ground contract. I was actually excited to be trying for the January class. But in the grand scheme of things, waiting another 6 months until June isn't that big of a deal when you're talking about chasing a dream.

Zarathustra

Hello all,

Just wondering if it is possible anyone has any info on OCC air contracts for NEXT winter? That is october 12' and january 13'. My OSO informed me there are none out of my state for the summer 12' courses, thanks.

Lamar Beacham

The only OCC slots available in my district for summer 2012 are two reserve slots and one ground slot for a female candidate. Aviation slots are few and far between right now. The problem is that the Corps is downsizing.