• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Air Contracts still possible?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I know it's not going to matter to guys at TBS right now, because you're knee deep in the rumor mill and the infallible gospel from the XOs mouth, but the backlog is getting soaked up really well right now by the primary squadrons. I'm willing to bet that all those long term pre-API assignments get shut down sooner than later.

This +10.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I am going to make a magic 8-ball prediction.

TAD orders will be cut short and all SNA's will be gathered from around the nation and sent ASAP to Pensacola with firm API start dates.
API will then slow back down to 3 per week.
There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in Pensacola.

Although, I did hear that all Charlie and Delta Company 7599's are going to be sent to IOC and immediately deploy with either MARSOC or the SEALS before coming down to flight school. Which SOC unit you get sent to will be completely dependent on your TBS standing.

janelson1987

No they did not teach me to speak like that in college. I guess a B.S. in Military Aeronautics is probably not impressive but maybe being a prior enlisted Marine is. Sorry I am not arrogant and forgot where I came from after receiving my degree. A word of advice, if you are or intend to become a Marine Officer, leave your Webster at home. Marines do not speak over a cup of tea with their pinky at attention.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
No they did not teach me to speak like that in college. I guess a B.S. in Military Aeronautics is probably not impressive but maybe being a prior enlisted Marine is. Sorry I am not arrogant and forgot where I came from after receiving my degree. A word of advice, if you are or intend to become a Marine Officer, leave your Webster at home. Marines do not speak over a cup of tea with their pinky at attention.

Which one are you?

Douche_Bottles_for_Women.jpg

I have a mouth on me and talk in weird little euphemisms, too, but when I correspond in writing with anyone, it's usually with decent grammar. Prick.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

A: If you want to make it as an Officer of Marines and in the aviation community you need to grow some thicker skin.
B: I can guarantee that I don't speak "street-speak retardese" to my superior officers, nor to any Marine junior to me. Come to think of it none of my peers speak that way either. Coincidence? I think not.
C: People judge your level of intelligence by the way you communicate, especially in writing.

I'm with Mike- you're being that guy.

Reconjoe

but when I correspond in writing with anyone, it's usually with decent grammar.
Christ...when did speaking in anything less than proper grammatical English become the anomaly on airwarriors? I think you're all getting worked up over something as ridiculous as one jar head trying to insult another for his choice of syntax... you're time would better be served working on perpetual motion or a solution to immigration reform. Just let it go already (both parties)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Christ...when did speaking in anything less than proper grammatical English become the anomaly on airwarriors? I think you're all getting worked up over something as ridiculous as one jar head trying to insult another for his choice of syntax... you're time would better be served working on perpetual motion or a solution to immigration reform. Just let it go already (both parties)

You're vs. Your.

Fail.

Reconjoe

0.jpg

WTL0715

I am waiting to submit a packet for Marine OCS and turned 26 about two weeks ago. If we find out that six or eight months will pass before there are any openings, what are my chances of having ample time to receive my commission? In other words, how long should one expect to wait between being pro-rec'd and their first salute?

-TL