• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

CTT1 D

ENS D
they will issue you OC uniforms when you get there, and you shouldnt need your enlisted uniforms after that

BOOST will be in enlisted uniforms since OC uniforms are not issued until NSI. It doesn't matter which shoes you chose to wear while in BOOST however leathers are mandatory at NSI.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Family while at BOOST/NSI

From what I have gathered thus far after your "workday" is complete at BOOST you can go home for the day until the next morning. Does the same thing apply while you are going to NSI?

Stick

pilot
The website said last year that if you are in housing for BOOST then you can stay for NSI. I don't know if it has changed.

CTT1 D

ENS D
From what I have gathered thus far after your "workday" is complete at BOOST you can go home for the day until the next morning. Does the same thing apply while you are going to NSI?

There were at least two married guys who lived in housing during BOOST and NSI. Once NSI rolled around, they spent the first two nights locked up with the rest of us. After that they were home each day by 1800.

bryanpl123

So, does any one know for sure what uniform we are required to bring to BOOST? Is it the new Service uniform or both the old working whites and blues? I tried checking the OTC website, but no luck. I even tried the contact us page and asked there, no luck.

If I can just bring my black and tans that will save some room in my sea bag...and I wont have to sew everything on my blues...I live in hawaii...never used them but in boot.

Thanks! Good luck to all, I'll see you there ( I start 20FEB09 Boost then NSI)

fal09

So, does any one know for sure what uniform we are required to bring to BOOST? Is it the new Service uniform or both the old working whites and blues? I tried checking the OTC website, but no luck. I even tried the contact us page and asked there, no luck.

If I can just bring my black and tans that will save some room in my sea bag...and I wont have to sew everything on my blues...I live in hawaii...never used them but in boot.

Thanks! Good luck to all, I'll see you there ( I start 20FEB09 Boost then NSI)

I am wondering the same thing. I also tried to contact them but no luck. i will do some more digging to see if I can come up with the answer.

CTT1 D

ENS D
^^
Just spoke with the Ops Officer (LCDR) out at OTCN who is in charge of BOOST... you may wear either the old working blues/whites or the new service uniform. No need to purchase new uniforms.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Thats good news, thanks for the input. I do have to get a pair of the Oxford leathers, haven't worn those since bootcamp and probably won't wear them much after the OC life ends. But I guess there is a different thread for that, brown shoes or black shoes (or a flight suit w/ boots).

fal09

^^
Just spoke with the Ops Officer (LCDR) out at OTCN who is in charge of BOOST... you may wear either the old working blues/whites or the new service uniform. No need to purchase new uniforms.

Thank you for the information. I think I am still going to get the new uniform anyway to save room.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
We will only wear these uniforms during BOOST, NSI will be khakis. I know it will save room by only having one type of uniform but it will probably cost over $100 for 2 sets of the new uniforms. I know I will be using my car as a storage locker for all my uniforms, clothes, and other items I don't have room for. Something to think about, might save you some momey.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Hey is there anyone driving that can pick me up from the airport on the night of the 20th? Tribeach was going to but I lost his number and have not heard from him in a while. I would just rather not take the duty van or take a cab from the airport. Thanks in advance.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
We will only wear these uniforms during BOOST, NSI will be khakis. I know it will save room by only having one type of uniform but it will probably cost over $100 for 2 sets of the new uniforms. I know I will be using my car as a storage locker for all my uniforms, clothes, and other items I don't have room for. Something to think about, might save you some momey.

All you need for the new uniform is the shirts. $26 a shirt. I've been wearing the new uniform for the last six months and its very easy to maintain with the sewn in creases and all. Service blues piss cutter and pants authorized with new uniform.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the khaki shirt for E6 and below and Officers? I don't notice a visable difference.

I'm glad we don't need to bring the service whites and blues. just took half the weight out of my garment bag

fal09

All you need for the new uniform is the shirts. $26 a shirt. I've been wearing the new uniform for the last six months and its very easy to maintain with the sewn in creases and all. Service blues piss cutter and pants authorized with new uniform.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the khaki shirt for E6 and below and Officers? I don't notice a visable difference.

I'm glad we don't need to bring the service whites and blues. just took half the weight out of my garment bag

Yes there is a difference in the shirts. The collar devices are much smaller on the officer uniforms and if you look at them side by side on a person, you can tell the difference in the quality. The collar devices are also crome not puter.