• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Hello. Do you have to send in 3 acceptance letters or can you just send in one or two?

It is recommended to apply to more than 1 but not required. By only applying to 1 school you are putting all of your eggs in 1 basket. If for whatever reason that school won't accept you, the ROTC unit is full (highly unlikely) or their acceptance process takes forever then you will be SOL. But who am I to tell you to apply to more than 1 school? I didn't. I did/do have 2 other school applications filled out and ready to send in just in case. I have already been accepted and have the letter to prove it. Hope that damn unit has a slot for me cause everybody tries to go to the Univ of Kansas, fills up quick. Popular school!! HA!!

Stick

pilot
Hello. Do you have to send in 3 acceptance letters or can you just send in one or two?
You can send in just one if you wish. I only sent in one, but that was because I knew I would get into my first. If you send in just one then you need to be ready to send in another letter with degree plan if you can't get into your first choice. To be safe I would send all in, then call Ed and tell him your order of preference and he will work with you. That is the safest method.

What schools do you want to go to?

fal09

It is recommended to apply to more than 1 but not required. By only applying to 1 school you are putting all of your eggs in 1 basket. If for whatever reason that school won't accept you, the ROTC unit is full (highly unlikely) or their acceptance process takes forever then you will be SOL. But who am I to tell you to apply to more than 1 school? I didn't. I did/do have 2 other school applications filled out and ready to send in just in case. I have already been accepted and have the letter to prove it. Hope that damn unit has a slot for me cause everybody tries to go to the Univ of Kansas, fills up quick. Popular school!! HA!!

Thanks!!! Ed already told me that I am good to go for UW. Thanks bunches again and good luck with UK.

fal09

You can send in just one if you wish. I only sent in one, but that was because I knew I would get into my first. If you send in just one then you need to be ready to send in another letter with degree plan if you can't get into your first choice. To be safe I would send all in, then call Ed and tell him your order of preference and he will work with you. That is the safest method.

What schools do you want to go to?

Thanks for your help. I attending my first choice which is University of Washington. We have a house here in Oak Town and my husband is stationed here so I wanted to be close to home. What schools are you wanting to go to?

LOSLOAR

don't bring your coffee to FOD walk
I'm A Marine E-3 in 2 Months and this is the reason I joined but Its hard to talk to people in the Marines because they dont care!

Physically im set.. and I NEED HELP.. BAD!:eek:

Well it would probably help to drop your bullshit attitude.

Stick

pilot
Thanks for your help. I attending my first choice which is University of Washington. We have a house here in Oak Town and my husband is stationed here so I wanted to be close to home. What schools are you wanting to go to?
I was selected last year, but I am at The Citadel.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Well I just got some info about chow at NSI. I had a Senior in my command make CWO. He was up there this past month and got to witness the OC's getting proper training. He was in the galley and said the OC's came in and all stood at attention behind their chairs. He said whoever was in charge said seats and everyone had to sit asap. Then they sit at attention with all the proper dinnerware sitting in front of them. They were told to pick up the fork that they should use (dinner, salad, etc.), then told when to take a bite and when to swallow. Then they hurry and sit back at attention. I do not know if he was just trying to scare me, but it is a pretty reliable source. I figure it cannot last more than a three weeks because of the way our liberty rolls out. Guess we will see soon enough. Good luck all.

CTT1 D

ENS D
^^^ Those are OCS Candidate Officers not STA-21 OCs. There is a considerable difference in treatment, we have/had it much easier.

Stick

pilot
It is nothing like that. You do have to wait for the table to fill up before you can sit down to eat. Last year we were not allowed to have soda during meals because it has caffeine in it, but coffee was OK which doesn't make any sort of sense. That was started for STA-21 because that is what OCS does. Don't sweat it. Just remember they are going to come in the first morning and try and scare you like in boot camp, but just remember it isn't boot camp. They know most people there have been to the fleet so they don't treat you like recruits (unless you fuck up). If they do treat you like a recruit for some reason just suck it up because it is only 8 weeks.

Navy_Brat_AT

A few last questions

Hello everyone,
Well I am comming back from leave and headed out to the Mighty Kitty Hawk for the final time. I cant wait to return because that means I can now begin preparations to check out so I can check in to a brighter future. I do have a few last questions though before starting a new.

• How is everyone doing re-enlistments? Are you guys waitinig until after BOOST/NSI and waiting until we arive at our colleges?
  • I hope I am not the only one with jusy one acceptance letter. Anyone else?
I guess thats all for now. Keep passing back good info and I cant wait to read some replies.