• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

bryanpl123

Honestly I don't have a bad outlook on things. Sorry to bring the forum down, but the anchor isn't my selling point on this program. I'm am very thankful for the opportunity we have all been given, but we still earned it. That is why I chose to enlist and CHOSE to do the hard way, like everyone here, and earn it...personally I would like to wear my crow as an OC and then put on butter bars with a mustang belt buckle. It doesn't work that way... Its only a short amount of time anyway.

::The real reason I don't want to wear the blue top::

I was hoping that we could wear the new SU....well my impression when I checked out on leave is that we could wear either uniform... but I better be prepared either way now... :eek:

Any way I'll see you all up there in FEB good luck!:D

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
If I am the only one who shows up without the khaki shirt (highly unlikely) I will give in. With the uniform being so new I'm willing to bet there will be plenty of us with only the old blue top. ;)

Well you wont be the only one showing up in your blues.

Utah Minded

MH-60R
Touchy Uniform Concerns !

I think the best thing for everyone is to just settle down. 3 months isn't that long to be that worked up over what uniform we will all be wearing for BOOST. Those of us that were fortunate enough to be on the west coast and have the new service uniform available to us should wear it to school. But as stated above, the uniform isn't available to everyone yet, and therefore they are not required to have it. We ALL are REQUIRED to have the working blue (johnny cash's) regardless, and even as much as I don't care for that uniform compared to the newer service uniform, I am going to ensure that I show up with a pair that are good to go !
I would prefer to the wear the new service uniform though, I just had my reenlistment in those, and I think we look damn sharp in 'em.
Two cents !

AC1 FlyAlot

E-mail from BOOST Staff NCO

I received this e-mail today from the BOOST SNCO:

"To All;

Concerning the uniform requirements:
The new uniform does not become mandatory until July 2010. While you are at BOOST, all sailors, like the Marines, will be in uniform appearance. You are required to have your summer whites and winter blues (johnny cashes). The new uniform consists only of replacing the top with the new khaki shirt. If you have not purchased it, don't. After you leave BOOST, you will move over to NSI and from then on out through ROTC, you will wear the khakis as a midshipman does.
As for your seabag issue. You should always carry your issue wherever you go, however, I only require your summer white and winter blues.
Make sure you wear the proper uniform while reporting into me as well with what you rate for awards..."

Just thought you all would like this info.
Nuff said about the uniforms!

SandSailor

Thanks for the info AC1!

On a lighter note, something to think about which most you probably have..

We are going to be attending classes (both boost and NSI), so you might want to stock up on a few basic supplies notebook paper, pens, those things in with graphite in them and an eraser...pencils, and a calculator (if we can even use one)

Even if they do supply some stuff it dosen't hurt to be prepared. Good luck guys I'll see you there

Surfer727

The TI-83 Plus is probably the way to go for the BOOST folk, as we are to learn or bone up on Calculus. Yup, its exspensive - @ $100, but you'll probably need it in school. Craig's List

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
The TI-83 Plus is probably the way to go for the BOOST folk, as we are to learn or bone up on Calculus. Yup, its exspensive - @ $100, but you'll probably need it in school. Craig's List

you won't need a graphing calculator. it might be helpful for homework, but a scientific calculator will do, as you will need to learn to do the trig stuff by hand anway. from my personal experience at UF for calculus, graphing calculators are DEFINITELY NOT allowed on tests. it might be different at other schools, but unless you have a technical/science major, save yourself the 100 bucks and put it towards happy hour :icon_zbee

ocajc

FY09 STA-21 (SWO Option) Officer Candidate
k smittay said:
You will take 3 PRTs in NSI, the first two do not really count for anything and the last one you have to pass to leave.

I understand the last one needs a GOOD LOW, but you still have to pass the first one with at least a SAT MARGINAL or get dropped, right? Did anyone know of anyone who failed the initial assessment PRT?

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Prt

Seriously are there officer candidates on here worried about passing the damn PRT. Get off your asses and fucking quit worrying about it. Damn this is stupid to have these questions on here. If your med jacked up and have a medical excuse then fine...but if you dont...we are supposed to be leading the pack and be the best of the best and we have people on here worrying about SAT MARG....give me a break

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
I agree. If a SAT Marginal is even on your mind you're in the wrong place, my friend, and I don't know how in the world you were selected for STA-21. Also, in my class, we weren't all exactly PT studs but were all at least physically fit enough to be there and nobody was dropped for an initial PRT failure.

Stick

pilot
Last year there was only one PRT because the weather was too crappy to do the first and second one. I also think laziness played some part. There were people who struggled to pass, which is sad.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
Last year there was only one PRT because the weather was too crappy to do the first and second one. I also think laziness played some part. There were people who struggled to pass, which is sad.

If you can't pass the prt you are a GOON. (medical gimps exempted of course) How have you made it this far? I hate good old boy tactics that let people slide with 30% body fat and running 3 miles a year.

just my 2 cents

Stick

pilot
If you can't pass the prt you are a GOON. (medical gimps exempted of course) How have you made it this far? I hate good old boy tactics that let people slide with 30% body fat and running 3 miles a year.

just my 2 cents

I agree. I don't even think the PRT is an acurrate test to see if someone is in shape let alone the accuracy of the rope and choke.

fal09

I agree. I don't even think the PRT is an acurrate test to see if someone is in shape let alone the accuracy of the rope and choke.

I'm not saying it is wrong if he got in with the good old boy club and everything but everyone needs to give this subject a rest. Move on, next topic.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP

just my 2 cents

Some reason man I think we are going to get along haha...see you guys up there NEXT WEEK!