• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Does anybody else find it unsettling that the first thing we do after checking in is get put on liberty? I think its part of a mind game-- they're trying to put us at ease so they can try to hammer-!@# us on Sunday! Anybody know what to expect the first couple of real days?

that depends....are you going through BOOST or straight to NSI? If it's NSI you're curious about, enjoy the weekend. That's all I'm going to say.

Nae

cell phones

for NSI only.. does anyone know if they take your cell phones or if they just trust you not to use them? if they do take them, how long until they give them back? also how often during the week can they go to the cafe club?

Stick

pilot
for NSI only.. does anyone know if they take your cell phones or if they just trust you not to use them? if they do take them, how long until they give them back? also how often during the week can they go to the cafe club?

If you don't lock up your cell phone while they are there (during working hours) they will take it, but will give it back when you ask for it. They don't want you to use them but it happens. Look at the liberty policy that will be posted in the hall way of your division and it will tell you. When you are allowed out of training country is when you can go.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Why is that "all you're going to say"? Pass the word man

I'm just messing with you guys. Really, it's not that bad. Yeah, they restrict you more than you're used to at first, but it only gets better from there. As far as cell phones go, just use them in your room and you'll be fine. Don't be carrying it around while you go to class and stuff.

Nae

well

My husband is there and I haven't heard from him since last night.. Im sure their all very busy today.. Are there any other wives on here whose husbands are in NSI right now?

I hope they didn't take their cell phones away!

aircrew1221

My husband is there and I haven't heard from him since last night.. Im sure their all very busy today.. Are there any other wives on here whose husbands are in NSI right now?

I hope they didn't take their cell phones away!

My husband is there too. My husband said they were taking their cell phones away today when I talked to him last night, It sucks no cell phones and no internet for a few weeks what the heck??

SubmarineWife

Yep. No cell, no internet for 2 weeks. :) Oh well....not as bad as a deployment, right? It's only 8 weeks with an amazing return at the end....extended "shore duty" and a commission! I am sad that I don't get to hear about what's going on every day. That's what I was really excited about.

aircrew1221

very true, It is better than a deployment but it still sucks. I wish I were that close we are down in South Florida. I was thinking of surprising him at graduation but not too sure. Im ready for the extended shore duty and the great reward, I'm very proud of my husband!!

SubmarineWife

About graduation....I am for sure going. His whole family and most of my family is going. We've made a block reservation at the Navy Lodge. :) I understand that there is a nice banquet the night before for the spouses. The trouble I found is that the weekend that it is on is at the end of most spring break's so the flights are expensive (we'll move to NC next month). Take a look...might be worth it to go....and surprises are always nice!

OC/EMC

About graduation....I am for sure going. His whole family and most of my family is going. We've made a block reservation at the Navy Lodge. :) I understand that there is a nice banquet the night before for the spouses. The trouble I found is that the weekend that it is on is at the end of most spring break's so the flights are expensive (we'll move to NC next month). Take a look...might be worth it to go....and surprises are always nice!

I had my wife fly up for last years graduation. They gave us Wednesday night off (with family) and Thursday night was the banquet (which we took off as well). I recommend getting there early. The dining hall/restaurant was a tad-bit small for the number of people who showed up. I think we could invite up to 4 or 5 people to the banquet. I can't remember. The food was ok, but not worth the $30 a plate it cost me. The graduation is very similar to boot camp, but nice if you haven't been to one. If the weather is nice enough and there are other classes of officers scheduled to graduate that week, then it may be held outdoors. Last year was in the gym and it was only the STA-21 people. That kept it short and sweet. Good idea on reserving the rooms now. Hotel rooms in Newport will triple as it gets closer to May.

It seems like there is someone new in charge of NSI. Last year we kept our phones as long as they were out of sight and silent. I called my wife every few days from the beginning of NSI. Sorry that you ladies have to wait 2 weeks. Just rest assure that they are freezing their butts off and are probably bored out of their minds. :sleep_125

Nae

grad

Im driving out there from Virginia to see my hubby he's in class 09010.. I miss him terribly! They didn't take their cell phones but are "not allowed" on them..

aircrew1221

Hello wives!!

I just booked my flight and hotel, I wanted to know if maybe I could meet someone up there so I'm not completely lost. I wasn't able to get at the navy lodge because it was booked but I got one that is like 6 or 7 min from the base. I will be getting a rental car but want to meet some people there before we go to the dinner on the 15th. Is anyone else surprising there husband or do they know??