• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

OC/EMC

From what my husband was told when he asked PSD here in tampa where he will be stationed that you file your claims once you are attatched to a unit. I dont know if that applies to all, but that is what he was told.

I filed my travel claim from my previous command to Newport and from Newport to my ROTC unit once I arrived at my unit. I had no problems other than trying to get back the toll money for my drive there and back.:icon_rage

As far as the last day, your records will be held until room inspections are complete. There is usually plenty of time for the OC's to clean up and pack. Within 30 mins of graduating, my wife and I had walked over to King hall and waited another 15mins for the Chiefs to begin the room inspections. The inspections are to ensure no one is leaving the rooms trashed and that you have all of your personal items. Once our rooms were ok'ed, we waited in line for another 20-30mins for my name to get called and my records returned to me. After that, it was back to the Navy lodge, changed into civy's, and off the base less than an hour later.

It was a nice feeling to see Newport in the rearview mirror........

aircrew1221

Thank you guys for all the information it was helpful. I know that 7 weeks isn't near as long as a deployment but it still sucks, so I know will be ready and so will my hubby when its time for them to go. I hope these next weeks fly by.

Snipesley

Maritime Kbay
Cell phone use...

Just a little info from the inside...

All NSI classes will be allowed to use their cell phones this sunday March 8, 2009, from 1200 to 1600 eastern time. One company has been granted more time but i'm not sure if it is Alpha or Bravo. So be by your phones.

aircrew1221

Just a little info from the inside...

All NSI classes will be allowed to use their cell phones this sunday March 8, 2009, from 1200 to 1600 eastern time. One company has been granted more time but i'm not sure if it is Alpha or Bravo. So be by your phones.

Hopefully it is BRAVO!!!

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
From inside NSI....

It is Bravo that gets the longer priv today....we get from 1200-2000. I am currently in Bravo and for all the people asking about what NSI is about just let me know and I can help you out. Seems as though they have taken a diff outlook at NSI this year and making it pretty strick and really wanting to get the decipline back into NSI. I encourage all wives and loved ones out there that if you are getting text messages or anything of that matter to remind them they are not supposed to text or we are going to loose ALL phone priv all together. You do turn in your travel claims after you get to your ROTC unit AND it seems like a pretty quick process of a hour or so after we grad that we will be out of here. I will let everyone know that there are 3 grads the same day as ours so we dont know what time of the day our grad is going to be. I hope that helps a little and like I said i will check this every couple days to try to help clear up the what is NSI like questions

OC/EMC

It is Bravo that gets the longer priv today....we get from 1200-2000. I am currently in Bravo and for all the people asking about what NSI is about just let me know and I can help you out. Seems as though they have taken a diff outlook at NSI this year and making it pretty strick and really wanting to get the decipline back into NSI. I encourage all wives and loved ones out there that if you are getting text messages or anything of that matter to remind them they are not supposed to text or we are going to loose ALL phone priv all together. You do turn in your travel claims after you get to your ROTC unit AND it seems like a pretty quick process of a hour or so after we grad that we will be out of here. I will let everyone know that there are 3 grads the same day as ours so we dont know what time of the day our grad is going to be. I hope that helps a little and like I said i will check this every couple days to try to help clear up the what is NSI like questions

Yeah, my buddy will be graduating LDO/CWO school with you guys. That is probably going to add another half hour to your graduation ceremony, sorry to say. There must be a new bunch of people running the program this year. No cell-phones until week 2? wow. Oh well. Things should start rolling by fast once you get into your class routine. Keep on keeping on. It will be April before you know it!

aircrew1221

It's nice to get inside information but guys please dont go out of your way and say anything that may be harmful and make you loose your privileges. I know every small privilege is important, Good Luck with the rest of NSI!!

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
NavyNuke,
I dont want any info that will get you into deep kimchee but I go to NSI in May, and any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. No cells for 2 weeks will be rough but managable, anything else I need to prepare for? thanks!

RCL813

Navy_Brat_AT

NavyNuke,
I dont want any info that will get you into deep kimchee but I go to NSI in May, and any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. No cells for 2 weeks will be rough but managable, anything else I need to prepare for? thanks!

RCL813

I am in BOOST right now and you will be comming to NSI with us. The best advice that NSI students have given me is the faster you work as a team, the faster they leave you alone.

SubmarineWife

According to my husband, BOOST guys have it made while the NSI guys are being beat down! :) He was curious if they'd have as easy a time at NSI if they are prior BOOST students. Curious about that. He did say that they now allow them to have salad and cereal to eat, so that was a plus. The phone liberty yesterday for a few hours was very nice! Apparently, free cell phone usage and off-base liberty are far, far away. We were hoping he'd be able to come home once before we move to NC (in 2 weeks) but that's not looking likely!

k_smittay

According to my husband, BOOST guys have it made while the NSI guys are being beat down! :) He was curious if they'd have as easy a time at NSI if they are prior BOOST students. Curious about that. He did say that they now allow them to have salad and cereal to eat, so that was a plus. The phone liberty yesterday for a few hours was very nice! Apparently, free cell phone usage and off-base liberty are far, far away. We were hoping he'd be able to come home once before we move to NC (in 2 weeks) but that's not looking likely!

NSI was EASY after BOOST, because almost everyone knew eachother already. It was just going through the motions. They didn't take our cell phones from us, so we could use them after working hours (1700ish). I dont ever remember being beat down... We went to the sand pit for 15-20 min and did some calisthenics. NSI was a breeze. It pretty much just sucked being away from home for 6+ months. It was like a deployment.. after a deployment.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
NSI really isn't as bad as some say it is. It's just dealing with the fact that everything is taken away from you and slowly earned back. Yes the courses aren't fun, the lack of sleep wears on you, the lack of freedom is a pain, but it's only 8 weeks. I'm sure the boost guys won't have a problem. Although we'll be the ones laughing when we are on our way to the ROTC units while they are still stuck in NSI. By the way K smittay I'll see you in about 6 weeks. I have three others from this class going to CU so it should be a good time.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys,

Just doing some reading up on NSI. I am a navy vet but app'd for the NROTC 2yr scholarship at my school. So hopefully if all goes well I should be joining some of you in May/June for NSI. Would definately be nice to network with some of you guys who definately know you are going so that maybe we can get in touch a bit before we go there.. to make the "Team building" alot easier.

-Doug