• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultimate Fitness Thread

Spartans1991

Michigan Winter: -10, -30 windchill
Michigan Summer: 98, 90% Humidity
Michigan Spring/Fall: Roll the dice daily on the ladder 2.

Gotta love it.
Haha born and raised in Michigan but I haven't lived there since 2009 so most of that's all gone from my blood now. I still prefer cooler temps over hot though.

Spartans1991

I'm from Alabama and I'll be at OCS around December if I get in. Northerners, teach me how to not die?
Well you're at OCS so just move faster and scream louder. In all seriousness there are certain temps you never get used to. That icy wind is going to cripple everyone so don't feel alone.

Seniuram

I'm from Alabama and I'll be at OCS around December if I get in. Northerners, teach me how to not die?
Wear lots of layers if it’s allowed. Make sure to buy a warm cap, you lose 90% of your heat through your head or some crazy stat. Stay moving to keep body temp up.

The worst I’ve endured is -35/-45 windchill, snowboarding in Montana. We would be in it from 9am to 4pm. Literally wore 7 layers and doubled up on hats and face covers.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Don't worry about the seasons up there. For questions like that, remember that you're not the only one wondering the same thing and somebody figured out the answer for all of you a long time ago.

When OCS was still in Pensacola, they had rules for PT-ing people if it was too hot and humid outside. That was so the northerners wouldn't turn into heat casualties and have to get the silver bullet. Instead they'd find creative ways to PT us indoors... great. We also got issued watch caps (black wool beanie) and we would even wear them to morning PT in Dec~Jan if it had dipped into the thirties or so overnight. So... four seasons, southern style.

When they moved OCS up to Newport then they had to figure out the same indoor/outdoor procedures so that the southerners wouldn't get frostbite.

andrewt

What will you wear for cold weather PT? My understanding is that for COS we pretty much wear the stuff in the packing list and whatever uniforms we buy exclusively. Don't know how Ill hold up running around in the snow in a PT uniform even if I layer on the shin high socks and white undershirts, being a filthy, climate-privileged Floridian.

Seniuram

What will you wear for cold weather PT? My understanding is that for COS we pretty much wear the stuff in the packing list and whatever uniforms we buy exclusively. Don't know how Ill hold up running around in the snow in a PT uniform even if I layer on the shin high socks and white undershirts, being a filthy, climate-privileged Floridian.
believe you have a sweater and sweat pants PT uniform as well. If you check out the Facebook page they are wearing it in a few photos

Edit: Also photos of wearing NWU’s

Last edited:

andrewt

believe you have a sweater and sweat pants PT uniform as well. If you check out the Facebook page they are wearing it in a few photos

Havent checked out any Facebook pages because I dont have an OCS date yet, the jerks are keeping me hanging.

Meyerkord

pilot

Cold weather PT gear consists of a sweatshirt, sweatpants, watchcap, and gloves. You will never PT in NWUs and you will never run through snow for PT. If the weather is bad, you PT indoors. Don't plan on having any extra uniform items either. You'll all be wearing the exact same things.

That being said, you can get RPT'd in the snow. This was our class. Not fun. Although I don't think it was snowing when we first started this. Either way, if the weather could physically harm you, they're not going to throw you into it. We went back inside shortly after this.

Attachments

• 30425502_1576764882440913_3618830339897824771_o.jpg
    30425502_1576764882440913_3618830339897824771_o.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 92

StevenBlue18

Multi Life
Hey guys, I’ve been training with free weights and MARSOC cards. I like the MARSOC cards as they provided different exercises I didn’t normally do. Here’s the one I did today. Just to give you other ways to workout.
For cardio I’ve been heading up to the local highschool track so I can pace myself.

Attachments

• 36A8329D-A5B2-482C-954F-F437C63F91AE.png
    36A8329D-A5B2-482C-954F-F437C63F91AE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68

andrewt

Cold weather PT gear consists of a sweatshirt, sweatpants, watchcap, and gloves. You will never PT in NWUs and you will never run through snow for PT. If the weather is bad, you PT indoors. Don't plan on having any extra uniform items either. You'll all be wearing the exact same things.

That being said, you can get RPT'd in the snow. This was our class. Not fun. Although I don't think it was snowing when we first started this. Either way, if the weather could physically harm you, they're not going to throw you into it. We went back inside shortly after this.

Cool, appreciate the responses guys. Meyerkord, anything you think ought to be on the OCS packing list but isnt?