• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultimate Fitness Thread

Fair enough. I was actually surprised that the navy had any strength training in its workout plan aside from just doing body weight exercises (what I had previously only seen). I was still under the impression that isolation machines have a function when used alongside free weight exercises.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Fair enough. I was actually surprised that the navy had any strength training in its workout plan aside from just doing body weight exercises (what I had previously only seen). I was still under the impression that isolation machines have a function when used alongside free weight exercises.
Compound multi-joint exercises like S/B/D involve more total musculature than almost any other exercises, so they are recommended more generally due to their "bang-for-buck".

Though not as directly helpful for OCS as running & pushups.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you guys still talking about prepping for OCS, because unless you’re a 300# russet couch potato, y’all are really nuking it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Are you guys still talking about prepping for OCS, because unless you’re a 300# russet couch potato, y’all are really nuking it.

You would be surprised how many can’t pass the initial PRT the 4th day at OCS.

On a more serious note concur with Brett. There are already plenty of threads dedicated to OCS prep to include the PRT/fitness.

abctotheabc

Anyone have any tips or advice for injuries? Right behind my right knee-cap hurts when i push it inward or straighten my knee too much, and my left foot is hurting just next to the heel. I tried running yesterday and really couldn't do it without it hurting too much so I switched to cycling for now. How can I have this heel quickly to keep working on my run?

Seniuram

Anyone have any tips or advice for injuries? Right behind my right knee-cap hurts when i push it inward or straighten my knee too much, and my left foot is hurting just next to the heel. I tried running yesterday and really couldn't do it without it hurting too much so I switched to cycling for now. How can I have this heel quickly to keep working on my run?
Have you tried swimming instead of running so it doesn’t have to bare weight but you still get the same cardio benefit? Do you have proper running shoes? (Like legit running shoes)

aribjc

Are you skipping leg days? Because if you're skipping leg day you're asking to get injured

aribjc

And stretching before and after running/lifting?

abctotheabc

Have you tried swimming instead of running so it doesn’t have to bare weight but you still get the same cardio benefit? Do you have proper running shoes? (Like legit running shoes)

Are you skipping leg days? Because if you're skipping leg day you're asking to get injured

And stretching before and after running/lifting?

I live in Brooklyn and don't have any swimming pools by me. The biking felt fine when I did it yesterday compared to the running that was almost unbearable. I wear New Balances (after I read they issued those at OCS). I stretch after running and before running. If I am being honest I am skipping leg day I'm actually not doing any lifting at all. Would you say that would be the reason?