• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UFOs?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe, attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate...oh and that time Johnson hit a bird with a slider...I mean no shit....just poof! All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.”
Was pretty cool to see this obscure reference in the last episode of WandaVision.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
His friends knew him as Jonathan.

Jonathan often zoned out during morning flight briefs. Was warned of the dangerous 60' 6" corridor that had led to many close calls prior. He instead overconfidently relied on stealing signs from the catcher.

He thought Johnson was going with the slider. RIP Jonathan ?.

BigRed389

None
Just looked at the logbook entries again. The crew referred to them as drones or UAVs... not some mysterious glowing orb in the sky. Seems like they understood what they were dealing with... just not who was operating them.
Like I said, it’s blowing up on SWObob and one of the dudes was on watch as TAO when it happened. Not surprisingly there’s apparently more on the high side.

I wouldn’t be ready to call it a DJI drone without getting the full picture.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like I said, it’s blowing up on SWObob and one of the dudes was on watch as TAO when it happened. Not surprisingly there’s apparently more on the high side.

I wouldn’t be ready to call it a DJI drone without getting the full picture.
Is the TAO calling it extraterrestrial? Is DJI-like drone better? Define high side. People misuse that term a lot. It doesn’t mean GENSER secret.

Reactions: IKE

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was a mistake for DoD to lump drone/UAV incidents in with the truly unexplainable incidents into one category. Conflating these things for reporting purposes needlessly creates a sense with the public and the media that the "mysterious" incidents are on the rise, and that DoD has something to hide. Drone incidents are on the rise because they're proliferating rapidly - both for recreation and for non-traditional ISR performed by state and non-state actors. These things belong in a different category than the incidents involving the possibility of unknown foreign technology, which are obviously going to be handled within classified channels.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, it should be:
-random but normal sky crap (balloons, drones, guys in lawn chairs attached to balloons)
-things that are obviously of this earth but not normal (red stars, obvious surveillance, it's an airplane but not one of ours)
-MUTOs (mothra, ghidra, rodan, etc)
-unexplainable/not of this earth (that's no moon!)

BigRed389

None
Is the TAO calling it extraterrestrial? Is DJI-like drone better? Define high side. People misuse that term a lot. It doesn’t mean GENSER secret.

GENSER Secret.

There are some interesting datapoints in there and as I’ve moved on from being a SWO to focus on Combat Systems development and having been in the Live Fire DT/OF world, I’ve got a pretty good idea which things do or don’t add up, but it’s not something that’ll make sense without being able to look at and talk to primary sources at a minimum, Secret level. And I’m not excited enough to go bother a bunch of people who were there to try to get the details.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
60 Minutes has had its share of controversies over the last few years, but the story they did tonight on UAPs and the DoD seems applicable to this thread:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I've said many times in this forum, the decision to conflate UFOs and UAPs into a single category was a huge Public Affairs blunder by DoD. If this character actually had significant program access about this kind of thing, he wouldn't be singing on 60 Minutes. He offers no evidence for the outrageous claims he makes. The idea that a foreign power would test earth-shattering capabilities like this, right in our own MOAs and Warning Areas is beyond stupid. This 60 Minutes piece offers nothing of substance.

P3 F0

None
This 60 Minutes piece offers nothing of substance.

Well, I didn't know about this ATIP unit that was central to it, and it was good to see Alex Dietrich chime in to corroborate (I've always wondered what the deal with the other three Aviators was and whether their stories would mirror Fravor's). I'd call that substance, but our standards aren't the same.

I figured while watching the interview that she was retired, and that was her main reason to speak out, but it looks like she's still AD at the Academy. She had an interesting point about feeling somewhat beholden to speak out due to her line-of-duty perspective.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I didn't know about this ATIP unit that was central to it, and it was good to see Alex Dietrich chime in to corroborate (I've always wondered what the deal with the other three Aviators was and whether their stories would mirror Fravor's). I'd call that substance, but our standards aren't the same.

I figured while watching the interview that she was retired, and that was her main reason to speak out, but it looks like she's still AD at the Academy. She had an interesting point about feeling somewhat beholden to speak out due to her line-of-duty perspective.
I’ve tried not to denigrate the aviators in all of this. They clearly saw something that they can’t explain. It’s hard to really make any kind of assessment once the media get ahold of the various video clips. The one that gets the most airplay, with the saucer looking object in the FLIR video, or the NVG triangles one, are so clearly optical artifacts that it’s pretty laughable at this point that they’re being held up as “evidence“ of flying saucers or exquisite adversary technology. That should cause most people to be skeptical about the entire thing.

P3 F0

None
Yep, I think the videos are borderline laughable as far as smoking-gun proof (of whatever) go. That's why I've always put the most weight on the Black Aces incident, because the players seemed reputable and there was other evidence supporting the incident.

I can't for the life of me understand why, with the drone thing on the west coast, and the alleged "almost every day" crap (tail end of the 60 Minutes piece) going on ivo VACAPES, that more/better/any video/pics were obtained. A guy gets mishandled here and it's on five people's Youtube accounts within hours. We had an entire ship get bombarded by drones and sorts of craziness off Norfolk and the public hasn't seen much of anything. Hopefully they're out there on some UAPTF's desk and just waiting to see the light of day.