• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UF MBA for Naval Aviators

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
For anyone in the Hampton Roads area UF is putting together a program on the 16th of Sept in VA Beach. The school is offering an MBA program similar to NPS but this is one your spouse can do as well. The UF Veteran Affairs staff will also be at this event to explain the GI Bill and its current changes that took place on Sept 1, 2011. The VA folks will also explain how you can assign a year of your GI bill eligibility to your spouse if she or he wants to get an MBA. Below is a link to UF's site. If you are interested in going, you can do the RSVP on the website. This is more of a head count for food and beverages.

From what I gather it will be an internet style program and / or a VTC program. UF is trying to reach as many Navy folks as they can. I know some P-3 Bubbas in Jax have already done this program (John?).

Here is the link. The program they are putting together for the Navy isnt on the site. It will be the same MBA or EMBA, just taken in a different manner.

http://www.floridamba.ufl.edu/infosessions.asp

2011-08_MilitaryInfoSession_poster2 (1)a.jpg

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
UF is trying to reach as many Navy folks as they can. I know some P-3 Bubbas in Jax have already done this program (John?).
Sounds pretty good. A majority of the second tour shore duty LTs here in Jacksonville go through UF for their MBA. There were many people in my last squadron that did the two year program and enjoyed it, though I think they were all happy when it was over!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll be attending. Anyone else in the area going to attend.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Off topic, but for Hampton Roads guys I've had several buddies who did William and Mary's MBA and enjoyed it. The went to class and still got the MBA experience (read: networking in person) and got a decent school name on the diploma.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
If you're going to get an MBA on your shore tour, don't blow your GI bill on it - use the GEV.

Red_

None
Doesn't the GEV require you to get certain degrees...MBA isn't one of them. I don't mind the obligation but do want to pursue a MBA. Maybe I interpreted the msg wrong.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
My wife was looking at the UF online MBA, but it was pricey. I'm not up to speed on the GI Bill/GEV but I'll be poking around and seeing what I'm eligible for when I get back. I still haven't bothered to understand the new GI bill, and who is or isn't eligible to use it.

60dude

Are there any graduate programs that allow you to attend graduate school full time and return to duty once completed?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
ROTC/USNA, Fleet Scholars, Graduate Education Voucher, NPS.

Or, if you want to pay for it using your own money, TA, or GI 9/11, just do it in your spare time while on a shore tour.

A "full time" master's degree is strenuous, but not like a second full time job.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
I just graduated on Sunday with my MBA from UF. PM if you want to ask questions, happy to talk.