• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U-2 Pictures, as requested

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Huggy,
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing....I am offically jealeous!

One question: How the hell do you scratch an itch on your face at altitude.....I'm sure those helmets aren't fun.

-ea6bflyr

No expert but the guy I talked to said you use the drinking straw through the little port in the helmet.... Geeze just a mask irritated me at times.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haven't we learned anything from the "NASA incident"...I'll bet 10 to 1 they wear diapers....Any takers?

-ea6bflyr

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a super duper secret aircraft flying that we dont know about that will replace it? (dont worry I wont tell anyone)

The replacement is this:

GlobalHawk1.gif

Known as the RQ-4 Global Hawk. Can carry much less payload and so far has less capability. That is the USAF for you.......:eek:

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Awesome pics...that aircraft is amazing and the number of folks walking around that have flown it must be small, even accounting for the number of years the program as been active.

Still, I don't think flying those would be for me...too hard to eat a box lunch, and you don't get to land places with really great per diem.:D

HuggyU2

None
Gents,
I'm "on the road", and just logged on. I'll follow up to your questions next week.
10:1 odds? You lose. No diaper. It does about $20,000 damage to the suit to join the "Strato-Shitters Club". Diarrhea can make it much worse. But, like I tell my students, it's just like sitting on a warm pumpkin pie.
Gotta run. See you in a few days.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Wow.. A Class C mishap just for dropping a deuce.

My last one just cost a helmet bag.

What's wrong with just taking care of business BEFORE you fly? During my time on Active Duty, nobody I flew with EVER had to drop a deuce while in the air. A few instances of using the relief tube, but nothing else. Then again we only flew 2.5 on a bag of gas, so going before and after is entirely within the realm of possibility.

Now for you in-flight refueling types, I got nuthin'...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What's wrong with just taking care of business BEFORE you fly? During my time on Active Duty, nobody I flew with EVER had to drop a deuce while in the air...
You obviously never flew out of Karachi.....

Besides...what is more awesome....telling everyonme you shit your pants....or telling everyone that not only did you shit your pants, but it was a $20,000 mess? :D

Huggy - what does a shart set the government back? :confused:

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Extremely late to this thread. Great so far. Huggy...welcome aboard, and thanks for the great discussion/pics. Two things stand out after reading this...

1) The number of different things you can go do as a guy with a set of wings blows me away. This is one of those paths that you never would have guessed existed.

2) Can you guys believe we get paid for doing these things?:D

Wow.

MasterBates

I had to shit really bad after a horrible bag nasty from an unnamed DDG.

We flew 3.6 after takeoff. Were supposed to hit the CV (no N) for gas, food and restrooms. Well, some bug came back with an EP, so we got a "get the funnk off my deck"... (we were on spot 4, on the end of the LA)..

Take off.. Fly another 2 hours.. NO LONGER ABLE TO CONTAIN BOWEL OVERPRESSURE. Flying with OIC.. Look at him and go "I have to go NOW" (1.5 til our overhead)..

Climb over console, empty helmetbag, and to the horror of the AW1 in the back, shed vest, drop trou, and proceed to shat in helmet bag. Strap into gunners belt, have OIC slow to below 60, open main cabin door, and jettison bag over a durka fishing boat. Get back in ATO seat feeling much better.

NO TFOA filed.