• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tuskegee Airmen, an elite all African American fighter squadron

jmcquate

Contributor
You don't "get it' and I doubt any Tuskegee airman every bothered to explain "it" to you in that public setting. They were just being polite.

Having had a Tuskegee airman associated with my family for many decades, being sure not to forget what I should be thankful for today was drilled in my head pretty hard. So thanks, I'll continue to be a blowhard and be respectful of their sacrifices.

southpark-withapologiestojessejackson_1173403281.jpg
Please, feel free to enlighten me on what “it” is.

BackOrdered

Contributor
No, you don't get off that easy. A cartoon doesn't say what you are trying to say. What does "it" mean?

I don't doubt that the Tuskegee airman you spoke with was refreshed to talk about aviation. I do doubt that he would want me especially to forget what his accomplishment should mean to me. I don't think that makes me a "blowhard", I think it makes me thankful and rightfully so. My grandfather was a Steward's Mate in WWII before "The Golden 13", and not a day goes by where I don't value the fact he gave a presence in the Navy however small so that I may be an Officer today. With all the thankless young folk out there, I would think that would be equally refreshing as well.