• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transfer to another community (ie Rotary to Strike) after first assignment

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
AAAAWWW, why is everybody being sooooooo mean??? This is like a hornet SFWT just hatched out of his pathetic little egg... so cute!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Congratulations, you're the dane cook of air warriors. Enjoy flying your most likely slow and unarmed dump truck

You're either a troll or the biggest damned fool ever.

If your profile is accurate, the fastest thing you've probably ever flown is a Vespa scooter over a speed bump.

The initial post and request for advice was fine, but insulting people who actually DO fly for a living and have actually gone in harm's way for their country while you've done jack and crap is BS.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Geez, I hop off AW for a few weeks because Intermediate got crazy on me and THIS is what I missed?

To the OP: I'm not even out to 'the fleet' yet and I can already tell you that IF you should somehow get out of Pensacola with your balls intact, that sort of selfish attitude will follow you, if for no other reason than your IPs will call ahead of you and tell THEIR peers what a jackass you are. I've had to dial down my smartassery a hell of a lot even in the VTs, so I can't even imagine how it's gonna be down the road. Seriously, take a breath, and realize that 1. if this happens for you, you're an officer first and an aviator second, and 2. if you really love flying, I mean REALLY love it, you'll be happy as long as you are weight-off-wheels.

If you're really lucky, you'll get to where I am (selecting out of intermediate tomorrow) and not care what happens, because you're happy going in either direction. Good luck.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
If I wanted helos I'd have gone Army, If I wanted to fly a giant air bus I'd go American Airlines

You better stay Navy, 'cuz you have 'HHC' stamped on your forehead. Guys like you never make it to the flight companies in the Army. You would never track. Perpetual 'Peter Pilot' is what you would be.

Sorry guys....despite what you may have heard to the contrary, we actually have standards in the Army too. Doucheness is a graded item in our world.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I would give my right arm for that Hong Kong gig right now. This kid is awesome - kind of like the way wildest police chase videos are awesome.:thumbup_1

darrylcn

He's a "pistol packin', weed whackin' punk"! I actually heard the dude from Silliest Police Chases refer to a guy as that once.

The only other thing I have to contribute (if you can call the above that) to this thread is that it is awesome. And that he should choose Echo Hornets so that he doesn't get any opinions from the back seat.

Lawman

None
If I wanted helos I'd have gone Army, If I wanted to fly a giant air bus I'd go American Airlines

You can F'ing sit on it son.

If they moved all the attack battalions to the Boy Scouts Id break out my old merit badge sash. I fly guns, its what I do. And yeah I give my lift, hook, and scout brothers and sisters crap, but God F'ing forbid you joined the military for the express purpose of getting the honorably oppertunity of defending your country and aiding your fellow servicemen and women who had the strength of character to want to do the same. Whats a matter, you too high and mighty to haul a hawk load of MRE's to a bunch of leg infantry guys who havent seen a hot meal in 3 weeks and a shower in twice that. Im sorry you must be to high above the level of seedy and pathetic character that we have amongst our rotory winged masses. Damn I could only think of the terrible suffering and unenviable duties you would endure say, hauling wounded troops off a battlefield with the speed neccesary to ensure that he goes home with a scar and a story to tell and not in a metal box.

Please god let you do an IA tour with an Army unit. No with an attitude like yours you probably wont contribute anything useful to their mission, but hey maybe you'll get lucky and learn something early enough in your career to learn to be useful.

Yankee Uniform Tango
I happened to be outside last week as one was working the pattern at Pax last week and it is the largest thing that goes in and out on a regular basis.

That's what she said?

I think just about everything else was covered in this thread already :)

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
eatingpopcorn.gif

this thread is pure entertainment

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
At risk of making this thread actually worth while...anyone on here have any first hand success/failure stories from "a friend" who crossed communities?

As a former VQ type, our squadrons were rife for a few years with former A-6E / ES-3A / S-3B types making the big change. I can think off-hand of at least 5 who screened for command (and beyond).

On the other hand, some of them were left behind due to timing [and flight violations ;)].

I do not, however, know of anyone who left maritime patrol for TACAIR and screened...not saying it hasn't happened...just that no one comes to mind.

Can anyone else "talk story" about it?

Finally...who can resist a dog pile? Thejimey....really? Talking smack to the BTDT crowd is bad head work, tex. I recommend a down followed by an immediate re-down.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
At risk of making this thread actually worth while...anyone on here have any first hand success/failure stories from "a friend" who crossed communities?

As a former VQ type, our squadrons were rife for a few years with former A-6E / ES-3A / S-3B types making the big change. I can think off-hand of at least 5 who screened for command (and beyond).

On the other hand, some of them were left behind due to timing [and flight violations ;)].

I do not, however, know of anyone who left maritime patrol for TACAIR and screened...not saying it hasn't happened...just that no one comes to mind.

Can anyone else "talk story" about it?

Finally...who can resist a dog pile? Thejimey....really? Talking smack to the BTDT crowd is bad head work, tex. I recommend a down followed by an immediate re-down.

When I was training on the Ike, their XO (Capt Tembe) did a MPR (on the VQ side) tour before going -18s. He was doing his deep draft tour as of summer '09. I can't find his bio. Also, our mini boss started as a VP guy who went jets and ended up doing Prowlers. He was a non-select O-5, but is still employed flying aircraft, so I think there are ways to do it.

navymic

pilot
Depends on your definition of "success." Prowlers had quite a few helo transition guys, some of them made command. Some of them didn't, instead they grabbed other post-DH flying jobs. End state: many went over 15-17 years (some even 20) without leaving the cockpit. Sound like a successful career to me.

Brunes

pilot
I lol'd....then I was like "Oh no- He didn't"...than I cried a little bit for the OP's idiocy....then I lol'd more.