• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun ICEMAN costume patches

Which is more gay?

• Top Gun Patches

Votes: 61 66.3%
  • Arrested in Ninja Costume

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters

HuggyU2

None
don't forget the knit polo that Ice was sporting underneath his flight costume.
LacosteMensClassicRedShirt.jpg

Here's one where you Navy boys are going to take some grief from an Ascot-wearing USAF pilot:
I distinctly remember many times in the Auger Inn, seeing Navy pilots in there with polos worn under their flightsuits. I'm guessing it was a "TDY thing",... at least I hope that's all it was,... but it was alive and well for some time.

anthonyerr

searched in vain with no luck...no1 seems to have those 3 patches!!

---
I have ordered from planecrazy before, was sent the wrong item and he refuses to send correct item....just my luck!!

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Here's one where you Navy boys are going to take some grief from an Ascot-wearing USAF pilot:
I distinctly remember many times in the Auger Inn, seeing Navy pilots in there with polos worn under their flightsuits. I'm guessing it was a "TDY thing",... at least I hope that's all it was,... but it was alive and well for some time.

Shnugg or HJ, Old RO or Renegade would have a more definative answer on this, but my understanding, and some of the pics I've seen suggest that the knit collared shirt under the flight suit was de rigeur apparel in some of the chic-er VF squadrons in the 80's.

phrogpilot73

Shnugg or HJ, Old RO or Renegade would have a more definative answer on this, but my understanding, and some of the pics I've seen suggest that the knit collared shirt under the flight suit was de rigeur apparel in some of the gay-er VF squadrons in the 80's.
Fixed it for you.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Shnugg or HJ, Old RO or Renegade would have a more definative answer on this, but my understanding, and some of the pics I've seen suggest that the knit collared shirt under the flight suit was de rigeur apparel in some of the chic-er VF squadrons in the 80's.

A few did wear the polo shirts, but most wore flight deck jerseys of the squadron's color under their flight suits. Red for the 100 Modex squadron, yellow for the 200-series squadron.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A few did wear the polo shirts, but most wore flight deck jerseys of the squadron's color under their flight suits. ...
Same for the tip of the spear ... i.e., ATTACK. :)

And then there were some guys who didn't go along/get along/and/or give a shit ... plus it was hot out there, too ... :D

dsc02000shadesmg6.jpg