• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took ASTB. Got extremely average scores. What are my chances?

Zoomangler67

Hello all and much respect to all the veterans who see this.
I am awaiting the selection for OCS participants. My scores on the ASTB-E are a 51/6/6/6, which I feel is pretty average. My GPA in college ended up as a 3.0, as a Sales Management major. My major GPA was actually much higher, a 3.64; my first few years in college were rough.
Do you think there is a chance for me? Obviously it depends on the applicant pool, so I know there isn’t a yes or no answer, just looking for advice to see if I should try for another job or another branch.
Shooters shoot. I had the exact same scores.

msantos28

Hey everyone, I got similar scores 45 6/7/7. I am in an aviation management and flight program (I will earn my degree in this) and I am also on the school's fight team (precision landings tests relating to aviation and precision cross country planning). I will have about 300 hours when I graduate and all of my certificates up to commercial multi-engine. My reciter said that the pipeline is really backed up and the main thing they're offering is NFO but I really want SNA. What do you think my chances are? Will my aviation experience and GPA of 3.7 help me out in getting the SNA slot? I don't want to apply and deny the NFO slot to apply again for the SNA slot and have them count that against me.