• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

egriff25

The person who said they got the word is trolling, results are not out, and won't be until Tuesday as I have stated. This is from the OCS helpdesk.

Bob Windham

A rare mix of inspired action and humility.
..Not going to be a happy camper if there was no basis to yesterday's post, especially considering that I shot my LS1 a text message far after COB yesterday.

eddieoctane

Congratulations DNA!! HOly crap!! Now I'm on edge!!! You have a killer OR. Eddie did you get anything?!?! I'm ready to bombard the NRD right now!! Patience is a virtue!

No joy, man. Sorry. I sincerely hope we don't get stuck waiting to hear until mid-August, but you never know.

And congrats DNA_LPO_HS. I hope the rest of us hear soon.

elliottm2

Oh if that was a troll that's terrible. But it does bring to mind what someone said on this thread or another, have a stuff drink and chill. Or in my case run the whole prt gauntlet three times today and then chill.

elliottm2

No one else has heard either on this forum ... I think that probably is most indicative of the truth. It usually takes two weeks or so. So Tuesday seems realistic, assuming board ended COB on July 15.

Surf

pilot
Ah yes, the Internet troll. Well it was well played whoever you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddieoctane

If he is trolling, it's a pretty lame effort. "Hey guys, I just got good news. Hope you do too." That's without a doubt the worst troll in history. When everyone's reaction is "Congrats", you either don't know what trolling is or are terrible at it. Trolls start fights, saying things like"ARFORSE IS BETTRZZZZ!!!!" That would be a troll attempt. Instilling a feeling of happiness and excitement is anathema to the interweb troll. Unless he's trying to get really meta about it, in which case we have some Inception-level hijinks going on and I can't be bothered to wrap my brain around that on a Sunday.

egriff25

If he is trolling, it's a pretty lame effort. "Hey guys, I just got good news. Hope you do too." That's without a doubt the worst troll in history. When everyone's reaction is "Congrats", you either don't know what trolling is or are terrible at it. Trolls start fights, saying things like"ARFORSE IS BETTRZZZZ!!!!" That would be a troll attempt. Instilling a feeling of happiness and excitement is anathema to the interweb troll. Unless he's trying to get really meta about it, in which case we have some Inception-level hijinks going on and I can't be bothered to wrap my brain around that on a Sunday.

Concur, I just don't see the point in getting everyone more anxious then they already are. As a previous recruiter, I can assure you the results haven't been disseminated yet.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
It is amusing, reading this thread. I was sitting in your shoes almost 2 1/2 years ago. Doesn't seem like that long ago. Best of luck to all of you, and for those that are selected, congratulations. For those of you that aren't selected, kick some ass, and resubmit with a stronger application. Perseverance pays off! Good luck all.

Navy_Zodi55

Keep on Swimming
If I'm running all those miles. I'm going go big or go home. Take my runs and have some scotch on the rocks. WIN. WIN. Open invitation to everyone if you want to join. I have extra glasses.

And that's unfortunate that we have a troll on the loose and he's also pretty quiet. I agree with EddieOctane - he's a terrible troll. Go back to troll school.
My mentor "kindly " reminded me " In the military, unless it is an emergency or a tragedy, if it doesn't happen between Mon- Fri, from 0800 - 1700, it doesn't happen." To the Troll, well played & congratulations making yourself Public Enemy #1 by playing with our vulnerability. ::clapping::. Well played!

As for the rest, we seem to be a tight group. Keep good spirits, relax, hang out with a good friend, and enjoy this Sunday. It will come when it comes guys. Good luck. I can tell you guys all deserve it. We've all done the work, done the waiting, the anxiety, and we can do a little more waiting. We made it this far!

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
Don't mind the troll. It's just another distraction like all of the rumored dates that we'll be getting our results back. There's nothing we can do about it until we get that call. Until then we just need to motivate each other and get prepped mentally and physically for whenever we have to ship out to Newport. I know all of us would go tomorrow if they told us too. I look forward to having you all as classmates.

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
That actually makes me curious now. Just as a hypothetical, if we all get the board results we want, would we likely all end up as classmates? I still have to go to MEPS, and I won't be back in my NRD until 12 August, so I imagine my date (provided everything goes smoothly) would be a bit delayed, no?

ABM22

That actually makes me curious now. Just as a hypothetical, if we all get the board results we want, would we likely all end up as classmates? I still have to go to MEPS, and I won't be back in my NRD until 12 August, so I imagine my date (provided everything goes smoothly) would be a bit delayed, no?
No real way of knowing. Depends on when people are available and how many spots are available in every given class.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

It depends on your designator and the needs of the Navy. I know people that selected Supply in my OCS board, and they didn't go to OCS for another year (boarded in NOV, and they had to wait for the NEXT fiscal year to start up). So, be ready to go in three months (my case) or be ready to wait it out for a long while.