• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To All of the New Check-ins

Crowbar

None
A Gunny tried to square me away once while I was in civilian clothes (hadn't shaved in a week while on leave) at the Kbay Exchange. He did it very publicly, and needless to say it didn't end well for him.

Unfortunately, some people, in the name of doing what they believe is right, are either wrong or go about it all wrong and make the rest of us look like assholes.

My last day of API, some other 2ndLt tried to correct me for something he thought was wrong with my uniform. He opened the conversation with, "Hey, you! Come here!" then started giving me the, "I've been in the Marine Corps FOR FOUR YEARS, YOU HEAR DAT TRASH!" when I told him he was wrong. I never raised my voice, just politely told him that he should check out these "Uniform Regulations" some time to avoid making a fool of himself again in the future. He went into such a screaming fit right there in the hall that he was called into StuCon and told to STFU if he valued staying in the program. (I think he later attrited.) Good job, NameLess Lieutenant. You really fixed my little red wagon.

HAL Pilot said:
A Sargent Major took offense and started squaring me away rather loudly...I responded the I was a LCDR and according to the UCMJ O-4 trumps E-9.

I had the "pleasure" of working with the Army for a while recently. Probably my favorite Kodak moment was when an Army SSgt told an Air Force LtCol, "The Sergeant Major said if you do this one more time he's going to come un-fucking-glued on you" and walked off. Both the SSgt and SgtMaj got some lengthy PME over that one.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Crowbar, it's definitely not military branch or paygrade specific. Just the Gunny was the fondest memory I have with regards to some of the shennanigans involved with being a squid on a jarhead base :D

Derf

We were aboard the Indy, mid winter, trying to get some pilots qualed and having a tough time of it, the weather was not cooperating.

This DET we had a LDO who was O in C. Easy gig for him, seasoned deck crew, great CPO?s, a cake walk. It took us forever to get it done because of the weather. Our deck crew worked around the clock, pilots were worked to a frazzle, but we got it done, day and night traps, it just took a bit longer than everyone expected. The Indy wanted rid of us, our squadron wanted us off the ship, we were all glad to see this end.

Anyway, the O in C dressed me down for a shoeshine. Here, I have been going 'round the clock, eating and sleeping when I can, and I'm getting crap about my flight deckers! (I should mention here that I was attached to the AO shop, been requested, and went on this DET as a PC due to a squadron shortage of experienced plane captains.)

I'm not going to mention names, some of the older guys here know who I'm talking about, Chief "B" took LT. "Y" aside and explained a few things to him, quietly. It ended nicely we all settled in and watched a movie in the ready room that evening.

The Yuma DET when I was written up... well Walt, Derf, Busybee604, that's another story.:)

Steve

Oh, I can't wait to hear about the Yuma DET. Chief "B" had to be Chief Bit##n. Who ever heard of keeping flight deck boon dockers squared away. Maybe spit shine the toes.

Derf

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
The only reason my flight deck boots had anything on them was to help keep the water out. Most times it was just a good coat of grease. ;)