• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tipsy Gypsy update

Recently, I ordered a new leather squadron patch from Tipsy Gypsy. Today, I had the opportunity to pick it up from their secret lair here in Orange Park and to actually meet "Ed" and "Scribe" I even got a tour of their facility. Ed and Scribe were awesome and explained their patch creating operation to me. Anywho, they are in the process of increasing throughput efficiency and attempting to meet customer deadlines earlier than expected. Thanks for the tour Ed !!!

Just talked to Scribe and was pleased to find someone on the phones ready to respond. They've come a long way in clearing backorders and joining the web era and he says there are a number of orders missing their "owners" due to transfers, etc. Some of the names are posted on the website so if you've been waiting an inordinate length of time, you might want to check the site or even call. There's also a number of overstock/bargain leather patches available that are posted on the website.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
took at look at the site, good looking patches. Got a good laugh at the 18 driver patch, "Harry Bigguns."

Looks like someone's cross country patch.

trvsmrtn

pilot
Apparently those guys were really backed up with orders. I placed an order for a name tag November 07. In May 08 I got an email asking if my order was still good and if my address was still the same. In October 08 I got an email saying my name tag was ready and to call or use Paypal to pay. I called them up and Scribe reviewed my order. They put NFO wings on it! Finally in mid October I got my name tag, with Pilot wings, and they sent me an extra for the trouble. Great looking patch and I've had a few guys ask where I got it, but 11 months? Maybe single orders go to the bottom of the pile. Keep that in mind when ordering.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Shaul at www.flightjacket.com had 20 of these made from art submission to in my hand in under 4 weeks. Got 'em just in time for the Blues homecoming airshow last week.

VT4.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shaul at www.flightjacket.com had 20 of these made from art submission to in my hand in under 4 weeks. Got 'em just in time for the Blues homecoming airshow last week.

VT4_small.jpg

Hozer,
Nicely done....they look top quality. Did they give you a "mass quantity bonus" when you ordered? How much was the set up fee?

-ea6bflyr ;)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Rob,
$900 for 20 and the setup fee is waived into the total cost. Anything less than 20 patches works out to $45 plus a $125 setup fee.
The quality is great and turnaround time speaks for itself. This is the third order I've coordinated through these folks over the years.
See you at the club.
Hoze

Pags

N/A
pilot
Rob,
$900 for 20 and the setup fee is waived into the total cost. Anything less than 20 patches works out to $45 plus a $125 setup fee.
The quality is great and turnaround time speaks for itself. This is the third order I've coordinated through these folks over the years.
See you at the club.
Hoze

My squadron went through the Flightjacket folks a few years ago. Worked out real well. Everyone got their stuff within a few weeks of the order being placed. Front the money for the painted patch though, un-painted doesn't look as good.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rob,
See you at the club.
Hoze

Now I just need to get a bunch of VT86 guys to buy in so I can place the order.

BTW, We had the Duck when I went through VT4, but the old school patch rocks.

-ea6bflyr ;)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Tipsy Gypsy (leather patches) open for new orders!

All, a heads up that Tipsy Gypsy, makers of some excellent, high quality leather patches, is now open again for orders. Ed emailed me, with an update that they have increased capacity to fill orders. You can read previous posts on the website here. Or visit the Tipsy Gypsy website here.

Get a move on and order your patches!

John

John,
I'ts been a while since our last contact. - I've expanded my operation quite a bit and will be open through the summer for new orders.
If you think it would be helpful to put a note on the forum I would be grateful. Appreciate what you do for the Aviation Community and ever grateful for your Service to our Country.
Respectfully,
Ed aka Gypsy
www.thetipsygypsy.com

Were Open For New Orders !

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]23 May 2009
- List is open: I've asked Scribe to start scheduling new orders for Summer and Fall. If you need new patches or a Squadron order this season; Send us an email and Scribe will place you on the list.

Still working to improve order turn-around and capacity- I've added a new full time set of hands to help with production and QC: AMSC Gary Larson CPO Retired. With Scribe and Gary on-board Our Production capacity has Dramatically increased -
I've said this many times because it's Important -
Thank you for Serving Our Country -
Thank you for wearing our patches
and thank you for letting us work for you !
Keep Your Tail Feathers Dry!
Tipsy Gypsy
Phones are manned M-F 9:30 - 4:30 EDT
Ph: (904)269-1369
[/FONT]

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
To all you newbies... get on the list. I have TG patches.. they are very good quality and worth the money and the wait. I'm not the only one who'll say that.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I already emailed him and got one response back. Didn't get a response to my response with all my info but I'll send another one to verify he got it. I'm looking forward to getting my patch!

Pags

N/A
pilot
I put in an order with them a few months ago, they had my next command in their overstocks, so figured "what the hell?" Decided to get the full shebang just to make sure everything matches. eagerly awaiting my patches.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Best quality. Worth the $$.

And it sounds like the 4 month wait will be gone, so there's really no downside.

tlord82

pilot
Ordered mine the other day. What has the wait been for the last couple of production cycles?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Just got my order in the mail today. Classic aged brown name patch with shiny gold embossed wings, and a large aged US Flag patch for the shoulder. SWEET quality. Most excellent. :D

EDIT: Where in hell can I go to get the patches sewn on in San Dog? I don't even know if the PR shop does leather, and after getting a couple flight suits re-ranked, don't know if I want to have the PRs do it, free or not.