• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tick tock.. tick tock.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The answer is 42.

(In other words: Be specific with your posts)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
His post was specific, being the forum it was posted in. FYI Fly, STA-21 FY06 results.
STA-21 is not the only enlisted commissioning program out there, which btw, is the title of this particular forum. Therefore, his post was definitely not specific.

flynsail

pilot
STA-21 is not the only enlisted commissioning program out there, which btw, is the title of this particular forum. Therefore, his post was definitely not specific.

During this timeframe of selections boards, it would be safe to say it is for STA-21. Sounds specific, especially after most programs were consolidated into STA-21.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
I got the gist of the post (being in his shoes, and all) and sympathize. im guessing that since there aren't many more weeks in Oct, this next week should yield some hint as to who will be applying again next year, and who won't.

(i look forward to applying again next year, see y'all soon)

flynsail

pilot
The wait may seem more painful than waiting on advancement results (ah, the memories), but hopefully it will be worth the wait. Good luck to all of you waiting for the results.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As much as I still don't like the original post because of it's general vaguity (sp?), good luck folks.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
During this timeframe of selections boards, it would be safe to say it is for STA-21.
Yes, it probably would be safe to say that. But without further info, can you be sure. If the answer to that question is no, then his question was undoubtedly not specific enough. He could have been referring to MECP, STA-21, Naval Academy, or even CWO/LDO. I'm sure most people on here don't memorize the board dates of the various selection boards, especially for the commissioning programs.

flynsail

pilot
Yes, it probably would be safe to say that. But without further info, can you be sure. If the answer to that question is no, then his question was undoubtedly not specific enough. He could have been referring to MECP, STA-21, Naval Academy, or even CWO/LDO. I'm sure most people on here don't memorize the board dates of the various selection boards, especially for the commissioning programs.

My answer would be yes, but oh well.

There is a Naval Academy forum, so that rules that one out. He has FC3 next to his name, so that rules out LDO/CWO. MECP would be a viable option, but the enlisted on here seem to apply/ask questions for STA-21.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A lot of assumptions on your part. But yep...oh well. Once you get a division or a shop or whatever you guys end up being responsible for, you'll see that things a little differently I'm sure. You probably have not idea what I'm talking about right now. But oh well.....you will.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My goodness, we're debating about the specifics of the question asked. And pretty much unless you knew that the results for the STA-21 come this month, you wouldn't have the right answer anyway, since you wouldn't know what he was talking about. Therefore, the question can only correctly be answered by those "in the know." Cheers.

cjohnson1

Wilkins and FLY Navy, why dont you stop busting thier balls and let them chat about thier program. The E-dogs know what theyre talking about... you dont. Go back to the wardroom and sip your tea with your pinky in the air.
Booya!

heelowannabe

My CO emailed me to let me know he should have the results ie:yes or no....on or before the 31st of october. The complete list might not be out until the 1st or 2nd week of november
hope this was helpful

anna