• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thousands of planes a year forced to use dangerous maneuver

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What happens to the guy who catches a taxi-ace?

He sleeps in his own bed.
As told by one of the sim instructors in Meridian, the ball is just a crutch for a poor deck spotter. :D

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
As told by one of the sim instructors in Meridian, the ball is just a crutch for a poor deck spotter. :D
Would that be advice from the helo-pilot turned station T-2 pilot who sounds like a hill-billy?

I actually had to perform a derivative of this "go-around" today in the form of a test waveoff initiated by paddles.....I nearly shat myself.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would that be advice from the helo-pilot turned station T-2 pilot who sounds like a hill-billy?
No, that would be the former VT-9 CO who is one of the coolest guys there.

Edit: and if you "pulled up" like the reporter said, I bet Paddles would have given you a good reason to crap yourself afterward . . .:icon_tong

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
No, that would be the former VT-9 CO who is one of the coolest guys there.

Edit: and if you "pulled up" like the reporter said, I bet Paddles would have given you a good reason to crap yourself afterward . . .:icon_tong
Great dude!......pulling up on WOIC=back pain.

Lobster

wild cards they fly by the seat of their pants...completely unpredictable...

go around...sounds like it should be a ride at the state fair "you must be this tall"

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I think the next time this asshat is forced to fly the pilot should ask (and be approved) for the overhead.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the next time this asshat is forced to fly the pilot should ask (and be approved) for the overhead.
mswerd.gif

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
O'Hare Tower, Delta 1088 looking for the carrier to 27 Left:D

Delta 1088, break at the numbers!
I'm sure A4s, HAL, or Boom Boom has had the thought occur to them at least once. :D

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
So i know this article was pretty lame and we practice them all the time but....How often do airliners actually do these? Ive never been on one thats done it and ive flown a lot. I caused one to waveoff when i was flying my early IFS flights. My flight instructor looked at me and said "you just cost that airline thousands of dollars", did i feel bad not really but it begs the question. How often do they do them

One time in 4 years of this airline biz... And it was an abortion.. I knew the procedures but of course the Captain took the jet and f'd it up.. Same thing happened to bud of mine about 6 months ago... He is a Marine reserverist in NMM... 1st initial P last G (callsign of course)... We do it once every 6 months in the sim but it happens rarely on the line..

I'll tell you, the carrier would be damn near impossible with all the checklists and the Air Force Pussies and their civilian counterparts, which tend to be less uptight and cooler!!!