• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thoughts on the T-34

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Nice to know the T-34 sim includes ultra-realistic simulated casualties... kudos to the engineer who thought to include the lousy seat pins! :icon_tong

Not to mention the sim that caught on fire a couple times.

Lockheed IP: "You've got a fire"

Motivated SNA: "Ok, sir. Turn and confirm. Is the fire confirmed?"

Lockheed IP: "No, dumbass! The damn SIM is on fire! GTFO!!"

:D :D :D

I wish I was kidding

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Not to mention the sim that caught on fire a couple times.

Lockheed IP: "You've got a fire"

Motivated SNA: "Ok, sir. Turn and confirm. Is the fire confirmed?"

Lockheed IP: "No, dumbass! The damn SIM is on fire! GTFO!!"

:D :D :D

I wish I was kidding

Happened to me in reverse.

Me: Sir, performing smoke and fumes elimination procedures.

IP: What the hell are you talking about?

Me: Sir, I've got smoke in the cockpit.

IP: What are you talking about? I never said that. When did I say that?

Me: Sir, there is smoke in here.

IP: Seriously? Like real smoke?

Me: Yes, sir. Didn't you do that?

IP: Get the fuck out, dumbass!!! We don't have a smoke machine for the sim!

I thought it was some kind of cool simulation. Instead it was just a shorted out wire.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Happened to me in reverse.

Me: Sir, performing smoke and fumes elimination procedures.

IP: What the hell are you talking about?

Me: Sir, I've got smoke in the cockpit.

IP: What are you talking about? I never said that. When did I say that?

Me: Sir, there is smoke in here.

IP: Seriously? Like real smoke?

Me: Yes, sir. Didn't you do that?

IP: Get the fuck out, dumbass!!! We don't have a smoke machine for the sim!

I thought it was some kind of cool simulation. Instead it was just a shorted out wire.
Would you have gotten an above for correctly performing the bail out EP?

I always wanted to do just that during an EP...just say "Fuck It, bailing out" and pull back the canopy and tuck and roll down the stairs and end up in a ball at the foot of the sim IP.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

I always wanted to do just that during an EP...just say "Fuck It, bailing out" and pull back the canopy and tuck and roll down the stairs and end up in a ball at the foot of the sim IP.

Don't forget to deploy your chute!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

C4390 in the Weenie. The lineman bangs on my wing after the start and points frantically at the nose. He then gives the "alternate fire signal", bolts away from the plane.

Me: "Shit, sir, I think we're on fire."

Shut it down, solve the rubiks cube of straps and buckles to get out, slide the canopy open and jump out.

Standing on the tarmac, I look up and the IP is still sitting there, strapped in, laughing his ass off at me.

"That has to be my favorite simulated emergency to give. That lineman was into it more than most of them. He really sold it."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
C4390 in the Weenie. The lineman bangs on my wing after the start and points frantically at the nose. He then gives the "alternate fire signal", bolts away from the plane.

Shut it down, solve the rubiks cube of straps and buckles to get out, slide the canopy open and jump out.

Standing on the tarmac, I look up and the IP is still sitting there, strapped in, laughing his ass off at me.

"That has to be my favorite simulated emergency to give. That lineman was into it more than most of them. He really sold it."

I think 99% of the time I've given that EP (I did it on shutdown just because it took forever to get someone strapped back in), I would get the same response, "Sir, he's saying we have a fire. <sits there waiting patiently>"

Me: "Then why are you still sitting there?"

Pags

N/A
pilot

Ask Nittany03 about his experience with that one....

Flugelman

Contributor

My neighbor in Corpus was an IP in the IUT unit in VT-27 back in the early 80's. He had an Italian stud that was on an instrument hop of some kind that put him (the stud) in the back seat of the T-28 (the T-28 had a curtain in the back for instrument training IIRC). The student in the back seat gives the lineman the hand signal for a simulated fire, the lineman doesn't realize the guy in the back seat is the stud and signals a fire. Randy shuts down and scrambles out and Carlo is laughing his ass off in the back seat. They were good friends so no harm, no foul.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I think 99% of the time I've given that EP (I did it on shutdown just because it took forever to get someone strapped back in), I would get the same response, "Sir, he's saying we have a fire. <sits there waiting patiently>"

Me: "Then why are you still sitting there?"

Yup. My onwing gave it to me on shutdown on my 4204. I had knocked that flight out of the park, so it was just a gimme to get me another 5. He kinda gave it away though. He was like "just, so we're CLEAR... SIMULATED fire". I guess he did it the way mentioned in your posts and it was a hassle with students pulling T handles and shite.

Either way, I got another 5. :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess he did it the way mentioned in your posts and it was a hassle with students pulling T handles and shite.

Exactly why I did it at the end of the flight. The T-handle isn't a big deal, contrary to what NATOPS says. The problem is the canopy. Not a big deal if it's fired, it's just having to wait for the guy to come out, bleed it, and then re-service it.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Exactly why I did it at the end of the flight. The T-handle isn't a big deal, contrary to what NATOPS says. The problem is the canopy. Not a big deal if it's fired, it's just having to wait for the guy to come out, bleed it, and then re-service it.

Unless you do it out on det in Las Cruces, New Mexico. A friend of mine did that and I don't think they had everything along to service it, or they were so backed up on maintenance it took them a day or two to get it flying again.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Unless you do it out on det in Las Cruces, New Mexico. A friend of mine did that and I don't think they had everything along to service it, or they were so backed up on maintenance it took them a day or two to get it flying again.

It was in cruces I did my 4204. My onwing was saying that he had guys pulling T handles and blowing canopies (as Gatordev mentioned) so he didn't want to fvck with me and risk my doing that sh!t. God knows I paid enough damn beer-fines in primary. I think downing a T-34 for canopy servicing would be at least a couple six-packs.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ask Nittany03 about his experience with that one....
Ah yes . . .

Lineman gives "Fire" signal.

Me: "Sir, lineman's signalling we have a fire; Boldface is done, I'm getting out."
IP: "OK, good job, go ahead and restart."
Me: :confused::confused::confused:
IP: "Restart the engine."
Me: "I can't; I pulled the T-handle."
IP: "You did WHAT?"
Me (slowly): "You never told me it was simulated."
IP: <cricket, cricket>

The worst thing I could have pointed out about that instructor at the time was that he liked to try to debrief while my little brain was still wrapped around flying course rules back home. Of course, that was BEFORE he got arrested for . . . umm . . . "propositioning" a fifteen-year-old boy. His ex-on-wings got some interesting tie-cutting jokes made after that. :eek:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Of course, that was BEFORE he got arrested for . . . umm . . . "propositioning" a fifteen-year-old boy. His ex-on-wings got some interesting tie-cutting jokes made after that. :eek:

Wait, what?? He got arrested for solicitation of a minor WHILE you were in primary?? I guess debriefing in the plane saves time on the ground, so he has more time to go find young boys... :eek: