• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THIS WAS MY EXPERIENCE AT VANCE, SHARE YOURS. 21 May 2008

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Might just be me......I'm spitballing here but it seems, just seems that perhaps, JM020 isn't well liked by his peers.

To be fair, he's not the ONLY dude I ever saw to be VOCALLY pissed off about his selection after the fact.

Those dudes, I'm sure, will either stfu and move on with their life and give up their Top Gun dreams or be the cry-babies of the squadron who no one wants to go out drinking with.

On the other hand, I have buddies who got what WASN'T even on their selection sheet and put it behind them and put their best foot forward for advanced.

This is a JOB. You go where they TELL you to. Your input is a small consideration. Just be glad to be flying.

After all. It could be worse. You could be a SWO! :eek:

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
To be fair, he's not the ONLY dude I ever saw to be VOCALLY pissed off about his selection after the fact.

Those dudes, I'm sure, will either stfu and move on with their life and give up their Top Gun dreams or be the cry-babies of the squadron who no one wants to go out drinking with.

On the other hand, I have buddies who got what WASN'T even on their selection sheet and put it behind them and put their best foot forward for advanced.

This is a JOB. You go where they TELL you to. Your input is a small consideration. Just be glad to be flying.

After all. It could be worse. You could be a SWO! :eek:

Are you trying to explain to me, the Bunk about not getting what one wants? Lets see, afterall, I've been there done that. Success is doing what you have to do, not always what you want to do.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So maybe he did give out his own NSS and made some whiny comments. That was a while ago. He apologized (in post #77, three weeks ago) and hasn't bitched since. Schoolbubba resurrected the thread, and picklesuit reopened the mudslinging. Can y'all let a guy learn from his mistakes?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
dude gave out his own NSS

Still not right to call him out in front of everyone and their wife's second cousin on the internets here, you might want to heed the advice and counsel of someone more experienced and senior than you. Stuff like that will earn you a rep too......

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Right? No.
But can we all agree on entertaining?

Does the Navy still ahve the ring Richard Gere fought in? Maybe they could have a AW Celebrity Death Match. Tickets could benefit a good cause...like a keg.

JMO20

Fellas,

Yes, A LOT of folks didn't like that first post. Again, all I can do is apologize and try not to make the same mistake. I offended some folks in ways I didn't intend to.

As for an update. Moving rapidly through advanced. I've always been told Vance gives you an advantage compared to your other counterparts but I don't think that's true. Like anything else, your effort makes the difference.

Seriously though, this is the last time I'm gonna respond to this post. I'd lock it out if I could but I'm not computer savvy enough to see how you do that.

Basically, wherever you go for primary, have fun and make the most of it. I'm enjoying where I'm at and what I'm doing so don't worry about if things don't always work out the way you initially want them to.

Lot of people on here doing some really neat stuff now and in the near future. Fly safe. Yes it's a small Navy so we'll probably meet somewhere, sometime sooner than not. For those few still upset at me, all I can say is feel free to address me personally if you got something you need to say. Pretty sure I can take it. Life goes on, non of us is perfect and we all make a few mistakes.

Seriously though, take care fellas and enjoy the summer. If your ever down in Corpus and need a place to stay, shoot me a message. We got the space and live on the water.

Sincerely,

Jon

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
So maybe he did give out his own NSS and made some whiny comments. That was a while ago. He apologized (in post #77, three weeks ago) and hasn't bitched since. Schoolbubba resurrected the thread, and picklesuit reopened the mudslinging. Can y'all let a guy learn from his mistakes?

Concur.