• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This morning's A-pool idiocy...PT Policy and O vs PO open debate

MasterBates

I speak from this from someone who has both done the right and wrong thing in similar situations.

First of all, some guys get off on having "positional authority" and it goes to their head. Most often seem with MA and such, but they need to learn that being in charge of writing the watchbill or similar for ENSs does not make them their "superior".

Second, it sounds like Jersey did what was right. Rep for him.

Third, Sailors/Officer WILL bitch. It is the way of the world. Just have some fucking SA for who is around. (I get bit by this on occasion)

HAL is spot on with the having A-Poolers doing PT with Aircrew is bad. It makes the O's look bad.

Average Aircrew schooler is 18-20, fresh from accession training, and in the upper percentiles for fitness in their age group.

Average A-Pooler is 22-24, Anywhere from 1 week to 4 years time late from the "beatdown" part of accession training, and is probably more near the middle of the fitness continum for Officers. Which I can say, on average is as good as E's in the same age bracket.

The fitness levels are not the same. The average Aircrew school stud is going to run circles around the average A-Pooler who does keep up with PT. And it makes us look bad. I was stashed at RSS, and even being just 2 weeks out of OCS, I could barely keep up. And I was in good shape then, having had enough time to get over the run-downness that you hit near the end of OCS, without losing the benefits.

With what I have heard, the PO2 was WAY out of line. And whoever put him "in charge" needs to deal with him. Yesterday.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
...they are squeezing their nuts until their faces turn red on national TV.

aggies-squeeze.jpg

WTF is the point of that evolution?

FlyinRock

Perhaps this will be a wakeup for JO's and a learning experience. I doubt anyone who has served more than 6 months in the military hasn't seen something similar.
I know I did my share of fobars and no backspace. Took me a long time before I thought I had redeemed myself to myself.
This thread may be getting too far out of shape from the original intent?
Leadership seems to be the main question here and how to do it. Some can do it with a soft word and others (like me) use profanity and loud. The end product with good result is what we are after isn't it?
What fun we are having and it has filled my day with joy and happiness.
Semper Fi
Rocky

Bevo16

pilot
I know exactly who you are too, I accidentally knocked into you when we mustered for IFS one day--sorry about that.

Big surprise. Is there a A-Pool Stud who does not have an Airwarriors account? It must be on the check in sheet or something. :D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
believe me, I'm not trying to enrage anyone by my opinions, nor am I trying to sounds like a pompous asshole either.

Mission failed.

Seriously, dude. I agree with you to some degree, and certainly about the entitlement and attitude of some JOs, but why are you getting so worked up about this? You aren't even in pcola, nor are you so far removed from them. Get over it.

Somehow, i knew you were an Academy grad (kidding of course! I just love starting commissioning source feces-throwing sessions :))

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I am not a "shit bag" or a "d-bag" O-1. I am not a "jock" or "leadership failure" who just put on the uniform 3 months ago.

Sorry, I think I confused you with someone else over there whose feedback was less constructive. You handled the situation well.

And I agree with everything else you said too.

MasterBates

Isn't being an aggie like having the herp? No matter what you do, it never goes away..

Just being MARRIED to one was bad enough.