• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things to Bring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGirl

Hmmm, I didn't hear of a "box" for girls per say. but that might be right. HOwever, I know of a couple of OCS grads that snuck two laptops and a digital camera in their room!! And they "say" their DI was very strict. Plus, I'm lucky..i own an SUV that can double as a nice storage compartment. I plan on bringing doubles of everything..so that way I'm ready for inspection. (2 pairs of running shoes, more white socks, shirts, etc.) I've heard it's the best way to go and doesn't hurt to buy extra uniforms once you get there...that way you have a "display" item and others you actually use or PT in. You don't spend all your time preparing for inspections and the class I know that did this got liberty at week 4!!! Anyhow, just a tip...

ghost_ttu

I think 5 stars needs to carry some powers......I'll settle for being loved by everyone though. Guys, you only get to love me in the manly too much testosterone in one place gets us in trouble and creates a need to have a beer kinda manner. Girls.....ummmm [:D]

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

tali264

flygirl,
I was also advised to have 2 of everything. Also...to make everything nice for your 4 week inspection and then wrap everything in plastic and keep it flat for the 9th week (I think that's when it is) inspection. Same girl told me a chick she roomed with had candy in there. DI found it. She said they were running forever!!!! [:p] Just something to think about
icon_smile_wink.gif

tali264

ghost-
When it comes to lovin' you I don't think any of the girls will have time to "........ummmmmmmm" - they will all being doing PT assigned by you!!!
icon_smile_wink.gif

ghost_ttu

No!!!! especially since you said girls can't love on me, and more so because you just took 3 post to hit the mark, that is cheating.....Kinda like Pat did the night he and John and I were being crazy.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Valion310

Flygirl -
My girl is in SAR and will be in A school soon, we'll work through the NAS P-cola French underground to get non-granny undies smuggled into you.
icon_smile_wink.gif

For you standard Navy issue wool blanket fans, hope you like to itch and clean dust bunnies. I think doooo's blankete's is da devil!

WFU2USN

Flygirl,

Per a friend of mine who also went through OCS a year and a half ago, she and a roommate wore thongs rather than the evil granny panties...something to do w/ sand EVERYWHERE or something...good thing for the feminine box...

;-)

tali264

WFU2USN, when do you go to OCS? I think Flygirl goes in Feb '03 so that is before me (I go May '03). Whoever goes first will have to find out all the secrets and let the other two know
icon_smile_wink.gif

WFU2USN

If and only IF my vision holds out, which is unfortunately doubtful right now, I will go June 28, 2003...

Anyhow, until (and after) then, I will provide whatever helpful advice that I can.[:I]

tali264

WFU, I just read another post you made about your vision. That really sucks and I hope it somehow gets better. Will you get a different designator then?

WFU2USN

The vision thing may actually be completely disqualifying since it's an age thing (I didn't realize 27 was all that old) and no way to fix it.

We'll see..

FlyGirl

Roger that Valion310. :) Will contact you later upon arrival to OCS in Feb.
(How big is that box anyhow?? LOL)

I will also let you ladies and guys know my OCS experience. :)

Hey Tali264, know what you mean about getting caught. The guys I knew said to make sure you have one person in the room check to make sure the lockers are locked and the room is secure...otherwise people do tend to mess with other classes. So I would keep what you have to yourself and trusted roomies and not let others know too much. ;) (And who would "keep" candy in the room...I thought they would be better to eat all of it and throw away the evidence!! haha.) Just a thought.

But actually, I don't think I'll have to "sneak" things in per say as it is only 13 weeks (let's hope I don't roll) and I've been on long, harsh camping trips before. Beef Jerky anyone? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.