• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things to Bring

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithS

Does anyone know if there is a website that lists the stuff we're supposed to bring to OCS, i.e. underwear, socks, watch, flashlight, etc... I have the list at home but not here at work. I appreciate any help.

antisnook

I dont know the website but I have the list right here:
6-8 pairs of brief underwear, white crew neck t-shirts, and white crew socks. Running/cross training shoes, checkbook & ATM card w/100-300 dollars cash. Toothbrush/paste, shaving kit, 2 plain white bath towels, wrist watch. AA size flashlight, and a plain "Navy type" blanket.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Hope this helps...

https://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/ocs/ocs_bring.htm

kenjamin17

Thats probably good advice.. heh.

anyways, i saw another list that also recommended bringing a teflon-coated iron and a small calculator.

what qualifies a "navy type" blanket? the little list i have also says about the blanket "not white, or else they will think you are steeling one from the OCS supply"

Paul Burke

Look in past posts about what to bring. There are several of them that go into explicit detail. As far as the blanket goes, leave your king size down comforter at home. Bring something that doesn't take up a lot of space. The fleece type is really popular. The blanket that you are issued is the standard gray wool blanket and unless you are a military surplus store junkie then you shouldn't worry about getting your personal gear mixed up with OCS's. Also, boxers are ok to have and wear but you really don't want to wear them in PT gear. They pose the threat of getting your twins crossed and suffocated during PT.

FlyGirl

I'm almost afraid to ask but hear goes....does anyone know if us ladies can were other underware besides "granny panties"?? (since you guys can bring boxers) Or is stenciling your name on a thong ok? ;) LOL

grouch

JTP, I'm with you. I got a picture in my head that works for me! FlyGirl, you cause quite a stir young woman.

tali264

flygirl-
I heard from a girl that went through OCS about a year and a half ago that females get a "feminine box" to keep things in and that the DI's never look through that [:D] So.... if you're not allowed, maybe you can just hide them in there for the times you need to get out of girl next door mode and go to sexy mode. Just a thought......[:p]

ghost_ttu

I'm sure in OCS that you are gonna wanna get in "sexy mode". If that EVER goes through your mind you probably need to go PT.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Status
Not open for further replies.