• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Warrants have arrived

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some of you NAs need to research this possibility. Will you be able to convert to CWO status as an NA. The Army does this all the time. If you do it as a Ens, you will make a few extra dollars a month and you'll be flying throughout your Naval career. The flying warrants will have priority over flight time in the squadrons.

The USAF has turned down this program time and time again. A true NA would rather serve in a non flying billet sailing the ocean blue then flying Air Farce. Besides, the Navy is about sailing anyway.

If you want to fly Navy, you better go Warrant or get your a** in the strike community for now.

No, no and no. Read into the program and don't make any assumptions about it based on what the Army does. There will be no converting to CWO by URL officers.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Some of you NAs need to research this possibility. Will you be able to convert to CWO status as an NA. The Army does this all the time. If you do it as a Ens, you will make a few extra dollars a month and you'll be flying throughout your Naval career. The flying warrants will have priority over flight time in the squadrons.

The USAF has turned down this program time and time again. A true NA would rather serve in a non flying billet sailing the ocean blue then flying Air Farce. Besides, the Navy is about sailing anyway.

If you want to fly Navy, you better go Warrant or get your a** in the strike community for now.

This is stupid, misinformed and humorous all at the same time.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I don't know Rob. Maybe the laughter will come later, but right now it's just dumb. Cheers.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

What is a NA? Naval Aviator? What exactly gives you the expertise to make such a comments like:

A true NA would rather serve in a non flying billet sailing the ocean blue then flying Air Farce. Besides, the Navy is about sailing anyway.

Am I correct to assume you are not an NA but a wannabe. Thus, WTF would you know what a true NA would rather serve in. The Navy is about sailing :confused: In 14.5 years, I don't recall the last time I saw a sailboat........maybe the boat school has a few. I guess being I'm an actual NA, I've been flying, not sailing.........for the Navy.

Again, advice or opinion given by a wannabe or Naval Aviator? If it's by a non-NA as you like to refer to, then this comment and all of yours in general are pretty much meaningless.

alwyn2nd

roba8vr
Hozer
Bunk22

Don't need to be a rocket scientist or NA/NFO to see what is instore for Naval Aviation and the Warrant Officer program. The test program will be a complete success. It will take approx 15-20 years before it will be fully implimented where 50% of the aviators both NA/NFO will be warrant. Just like the Army.

You can make all the comments you want. The Warrants are still coming and it will be less flight time for the regulars. Best taik with your Army brotheren. After 1992, Army commissioned officer could no longer become instructor pilots, specificially a Warrant career field. The Navy will take its sweet a** time but the flying Warrants are here to stay and they will multiply.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
roba8vr
Hozer
Bunk22

Don't need to be a rocket scientist or NA/NFO to see what is instore for Naval Aviation and the Warrant Officer program. The test program will be a complete success. It will take approx 15-20 years before it will be fully implimented where 50% of the aviators both NA/NFO will be warrant. Just like the Army.

You can make all the comments you want. The Warrants are still coming and it will be less flight time for the regulars. Best taik with your Army brotheren. After 1992, Army commissioned officer could no longer become instructor pilots, specificially a Warrant career field. The Navy will take its sweet a** time but the flying Warrants are here to stay and they will multiply.

You are making too many assumptions.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
roba8vr
Hozer
Bunk22

You're making it sound foreboding and a little threatening. Almost chicken little style. Do tell us how you are an expert in this field and why you have such strong convictions about this. Please.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
roba8vr
Hozer
Bunk22

Indeed, don't have to be a rocket scientist but have to be a Naval Aviator to make the judgement calls you have. You are not a NA and make big assumptions. One of which is I said anything about the success or failure of the WO program. The sailing comment, knowing what a true NA would do. Are you kidding me :eek: Right now, at this moment, you've got about as much credibility as a no talent ass clown. That might be giving you to much credit actually. Get back to us when and if you are accepted and make it through. Then make your judgement calls and what a true NA would do.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I suspect the fellows you called out by name are not all that hurt by your disagreement. If they think it is worth their time they can explain the military personnel system to you (and associated costs, of course), which might cause you to take another look at your conclusions.

As a side note - if it were me, I wouldn't start an entry with "Don't need to be a rocket scientist" unless I intended to use spell check before actually posting.

EDIT: or on sober reflection, bunk might just spank you.

alwyn2nd

Time will tell. But if I mentioned several years ago the Navy would institute a Flying Warrant program like the Army, you would say get lost. What do you guys have against the Army's Warrant pilot program anyway?

Your Flag officers like what they saw in the Army's program and didn't ask for JO's input or opinion. Just get with the program, you just may like it. Besides, you have no choice.

Your Flag officers know what's best for Naval Aviation, they're tail hookers aren't they?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Time will tell. But if I mentioned several years ago the Navy would institute a Flying Warrant program like the Army, you would say get lost. What do you guys have against the Army's Warrant pilot program anyway?

Your Flag officers like what they saw in the Army's program and didn't ask for JO's input or opinion. Just get with the program, you just may like it. Besides, you have no choice.

Your Flag officers know what's best for Naval Aviation, they're tail hookers aren't they?

Skeeterman? Is that you? :)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

No one here has anything against the Army flying WO program. It has zero to do with the Navy's program. They don't have tactical fast movers, carriers, etc. The programs are entirely different.

That's not the way things happen. Not at all.

Ridiculous comment.

robav8r

None
Contributor

OK, I'll play "Devils Advocate" here and give you the benefit of the doubt: would you please give us your professional credentials and the methodologies you used in reaching your conclusions ???

Very respectfully,

FOG