• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The UNOFFICIAL list of things to bring to OCS

MSkinsATC

pilot
yeah just get regular undershirts, they go under your uniform, and you get to fold them in little tiny perfect squares!!! leave your cell phone in your car till you get liberty and get a phone card for that first few weeks, trust em you dont wanna even attempt to get caught with it in your room till you are candio! Hairspray and starch can be good for making clothing fold up nice and straight!

nukumall

Hey, did anyone request a mentor from the OCS website? "If you have been selected for OCS and have been assigned a convening date, let us know via the "Contact Us" feature, if you would like a mentor assigned. Make sure to include your class convening date." Or it that just an invitation to be a target when you arrive?

snake020

Contributor
Having been on the AF side I have no experience at OCS, but regardless I would recommend bottles of Febreeze. Things start to smell funky after a while in that environment.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Hey, did anyone request a mentor from the OCS website? "If you have been selected for OCS and have been assigned a convening date, let us know via the "Contact Us" feature, if you would like a mentor assigned. Make sure to include your class convening date." Or it that just an invitation to be a target when you arrive?
I saw that too and would of "let them know via the 'Contact US' feature..." However, I couldn't find the "Contact Us" feature anywhere on the site for the life of me. Being that half of that website still says Pensacola (right after saying Newport :rolleyes:) it probably was a feature at some point, but just never got updated.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I saw that too and would of "let them know via the 'Contact US' feature..." However, I couldn't find the "Contact Us" feature anywhere on the site for the life of me. Being that half of that website still says Pensacola (right after saying Newport :rolleyes:) it probably was a feature at some point, but just never got updated.
It seems that I picked the perfect time to post this as nine hours later, I noticed that their website has been updated, the Pensacola references are gone and the "Contact Us" feature works.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
CDRSNIPER,

Priors have to bring the full seabag? I wonder how that would work for a guy in my situation if I get accepted. I am prior enlisted, but got out of the navy and have been out for over a year. I still have some uniforms, but thats about it.

-Ken

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
CDRSNIPER,

If you don't mind, what did you score on your ASTB? I took mine a few days ago and am awaiting results (pencil and paper). I would just like to compare with another prior enlisted. Thanks.

-Ken

tiger84

LT
pilot
You can reuse some uniform items so you don't have to buy them again (stuff like ribbons/medals). It works out especially well for chiefs since they don't have to buy service khakis again. Also, if for some reason you DOR or get attrited you'll wear your uniform while waiting to get processed out. Other than that there's not much need for the rest of your seabag.

Do us priors turn in our old uniforms? Why are we required to bring our full seabag?

Thanks

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
Thanks Tiger... So do you recommend going out to buy a few new uniforms then? I pretty much have a full sea bag other than a few various items... is it worth my time?

Ken,

I scored a 44, 5,6,5.

nugget81

pilot
Thanks Tiger... So do you recommend going out to buy a few new uniforms then? I pretty much have a full sea bag other than a few various items... is it worth my time?

No, you will have ample opportunity to get new uniform items while at OCS. There is nothing you will need uniform-wise that can't wait until you are already there.